Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2005, 01:15 PM

Default STALLING IN MTT

Having only recently started playing party poker, and even more recently playing MTT, I am amazed at how much info. is in these pages and how much it has really helped my game roaming through here. Usually I just browse, but I encoutered something that I think is pretty common on the low level MTT's , and not finding any previous posts, was wondering what you all think about it. I was helping a friend through a freeroll (playing relatively tight and staying w/in 1/2 to 3/4 chip average by playing tight aggressive poker, pressuring blinds and avoiding flips), when we came across a table that was stalling worse than any table I have seen before. Every person on the table was taking the maximum time to bet, and the shortstacks seemed to be the one's encouraging this. The money wasn't until 50 people and there were over 150 people left at this point. Additionally, this table wasn't on of the first 5 tables, so it would be broken eventually. Personally, I think this strategy is unwise, seeing as how you are forcing yourself to take coinflips later or get extremely lucky in crucial points, especially if semi-shortstacked. What does everyone here think?