Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 09:46 PM

Default QJo on the small blind

CO is sLP-P after 70 hands (FWIW) with 28 VPIP, 0 PFR%, and 0.8 Agression. I put him on a T-X. Bad idea?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB
Old 06-23-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: QJo on the small blind

At .05/.1 he's far more likely to have trip 10's than a boat even with those stats. You're fine.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:51 AM

With so many people in on the turn it's crutial that you pump this pot as much as possible, hoping that they'll all stay and pay.

When it becomes heads up on the river against the aggressor it's not quite as critical. He's a fairly passive player, but you'll still run into only trips (or worse) enough of the time.

Unless he has 88 (because a lot of players will, incorrectly, go into auto-slowplay mode with that) you're probably winning this.

I think I'd still jam the river up.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:16 AM

I just hate it when some LPP clown caps a given street, as the majority of them are so passive that they will not be going batshit without the nuts or near nuts. Even with that, you are obligated to jam the turn as your equity is waaaaay bigger than what you are currently throwing in.

On the river... meh. Sometimes you win, ometime you chop, sometimes you get pwned, I don't know if you are good 55% or better here. This limit is not raked so who cares, I would bet out and just call the raise as you did (as he has the pedal to the metal since the flop).

-K