Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 05:35 PM

Default misplayed

I've returned at alast from the barren wasteland known as pokerroom.com and and am back to the trough at party 1/2. This was the craziest hand i played today, and i'm pretty sure i thorougly botched it. how and where? also, pokerroom sucks.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (18 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB
Old 06-21-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: misplayed

[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure i thorougly botched it. how and where? also, pokerroom sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know. I would play the same. Maybe C-R the river 50% of times.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:56 PM

Flop bet looks good. The pot is small and you'd like to scare off hands like QJ/QT/Ax.

The turn action is a little scary as there are a bunch of playable limping type hands that have you drawing dead. Still, if your hand is live then you probably have 11 outs (8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] no good) and you are getting an apparent 5:1 on your first call so IMO there is enough of an overlay.

Bet the river looks OK because if you CR and get 3-bet then your hand is probably no good. C/C is too weak IMO.

Lost Wages
Old 06-21-2005, 06:21 PM

This is one of those hands that you feel like you must have misplayed somewhere, but in reality didn't. The turn is the only tough spot, and you ended up putting in 3BB to win 15BB (ignoring implied odds for the moment, as you may have none). With 4-outs to the straight and 8-good-outs to the flush, plus a couple of overs . . .

damn, it's closer than I thought. You're 4:1 to hit your flush, 8:1 to hit your straight, putting you at around 3:1. Getting 5:1 odds . . . yeah, if you put the chance that you're up against a boat (or better flush draw) at less than 40% or so, you need to keep going.

Note: all math done is approximate and probably slightly (but significantly) wrong.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:18 PM

Well, if you add in the implied odds of at least 2BB more in the pot if you hit, it's an easy call IMO.

Of course, this is read dependent. It looks like Button or BB has a 7 and CO either has the other 7 or a PP like AA or a boat, but this is based off of no reads by me.
EDIT: the straight is also possible, as is the 4 of a kind. You're ahead of a 7 or a straight, but that's it, unless CO is a maniac. On second thought, I might check/call this river because I don't think you're ahead enough.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if you add in the implied odds of at least 2BB more in the pot if you hit, it's an easy call IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the fact that we can hit and still lose money (i.e., not all of our outs are clean, heck, we could be drawing dead), I'm not thrilled about adding in the implied odds.