Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Some Final Truth about getting thrown off a horse.

Today, I went horseback riding. On two separate occasions, I was thrown off of two separate horses who spooked and decided they did not want me on their backs. I hit the ground harder the first time than I did the second. My head hurts. My tailbone hurts. I'm going to be sore tomorrow. I'm skinned up and bruised. But, you know, I'm going to get back on those same horses next weekend. I can't change the fact that I was thrown twice. I did learn how to break the fall better the second time. I can't help that horses get spooked. All I can do is try again.
The truth is if you don't get hurt trying something, you're never going to respect it. It's also true that if you don't try again, you're never going to succeed.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Some Final Truth about getting thrown off a horse.

Yeah falling off horses sucks. I was riding with a girl once and the horse bucked me off onto a mountain of hard asphalt. Blood everywhere, women and children running and screaming. But, the girl somehow stayed on. Pwn3d.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:46 AM

I once went rising in Florida, on the beach, at sunrise...gorgeous experience...until my horse decided he wanted to go for a little swim and layed down in the water with me on it!

Horses apparently like taking a bath. Who knew?
Old 06-20-2005, 02:21 PM

"I guess I'll never forget her. And maybe I don't want to. Her spirit was wild, like a wild monkey. Her beauty was like a beautiful horse being ridden by a wild monkey. I forget her other qualities."

"If you're a horse, and someone gets on you, and falls off, and then gets right back on you, I think you should buck him off right away."

--Jack Handy
Old 06-20-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Today, I went horseback riding. On two separate occasions, I was thrown off of two separate horses who spooked and decided they did not want me on their backs. I hit the ground harder the first time than I did the second. My head hurts. My tailbone hurts. I'm going to be sore tomorrow. I'm skinned up and bruised. But, you know, I'm going to get back on those same horses next weekend. I can't change the fact that I was thrown twice. I did learn how to break the fall better the second time. I can't help that horses get spooked. All I can do is try again.
The truth is if you don't get hurt trying something, you're never going to respect it. It's also true that if you don't try again, you're never going to succeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking from experience, get your groundwork done first with the horses before you hop back on or they'll get the best of you again and again.