Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 09:56 PM

Default PT database findings, PP is NOT rigged!

After 27,632 hands in my PT I did some very quick stat checks.

Pairs, statistical ideal for each (13 combinations) 125.6
My actual average 123.58 (highest 154 JJ, lowest 101 TT).

Suited cards, statistical ideal for each (78 combinations) 83.25
My actual average 84.75 (highest 113 A4s, lowest 60 KTs)

Offsuit cards, statistical ideal for each (78 combinations) 250.06
My actual average 250.3 (highest 358 74, lowest 215 85).

I'm sure it'd been done more in depth with bigger samples than mind, preflop the starting hand distribution on PP is almost mathematically perfect and well within any statistical variance.

I'm not sure how to but I'd like to see the following stat checks done

Times when dealt KK was up against AA (or QQ vs KK/AA).
Times when board gave up 4 flush where the 5 flush card fell.

If we can get those two things analyzed by some of ya'll with big databases maybe we can shut up some of those "PP is rigged" folks.

Last night I was playing with a guy who was a complete maniac (VPIP 55%) would raise with any pair till the river, etc. He was actually doing decently and engaging in conversation with some other guy at the table. He asked if he had ever played on poker stars and the guy was like "Yeah I don't like it, it's tougher to win there". He went on to elaborate about how PS makes it such that the good cards (AA/KK, etc.) almost always win so the pros will all play there and how PP rigs it so that the low cards do well so they can get all the ameteurs which is why he plays so many hands.

The happy ending to this story is that the only hand I got involved with this guy on he had AT and flopped two pair and I had KQ and sucked out a straight on the river. He said "nice job chaser" I said "you'd better stick to 85 offsuit, see what happens when you play good cards on party" to which there was much laughter.... good times.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: PT database findings, PP is NOT rigged!

The problem with a lot of these is that you need a TON of hands in order to have enough of these scenarios to make a worthwhile statistical find.

I'm working on going through my 56k main DB and seeing how often a pocket pair did, or would've hit a set on a flop. It should take a while, but I'll bump this thread with the update.