Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 09:28 AM

Default 4 tabling .5/1 vs. 2 tabling 1/2 vs. 1 tabling 2/4

I've been seriously playing for a couple months now, putting in an hour a day of study plus an hour a day of play. I'm sloppy on reviewing my hands through PT.. but I'm working on it. I'm beating the .5/1 but I've been told as long as I'm 4 tabling, beating the .5/1 I should move up and 1 or 2 table 1/2 or 2/4 because I will learn much faster by moving up 1 or 2 limits than by staying at .5/1

Suggestions?
Old 06-15-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Re: 4 tabling .5/1 vs. 2 tabling 1/2 vs. 1 tabling 2/4

[ QUOTE ]
I've been seriously playing for a couple months now, putting in an hour a day of study plus an hour a day of play. I'm sloppy on reviewing my hands through PT.. but I'm working on it. I'm beating the .5/1 but I've been told as long as I'm 4 tabling, beating the .5/1 I should move up and 1 or 2 table 1/2 or 2/4 because I will learn much faster by moving up 1 or 2 limits than by staying at .5/1

Suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't meant to be rude, but do whatever works for you. Feeling comfortable and confident is key. Some people like to work in a table of a higher limit into their usual routine. Some people just jump in. There is no magic formula.

When I got to the point where I could 4 table .5/1 effortlessly, I moved to 2 .5/1 tables on autopilot and 1 1/2 table that I focused on. I went from there.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: 4 tabling .5/1 vs. 2 tabling 1/2 vs. 1 tabling 2/4

[ QUOTE ]
I will learn much faster by moving up 1 or 2 limits than by staying at .5/1

[/ QUOTE ]

If you feel like you're beating .50/1.00 over a good number of hands there is nothing wrong with moving up. You can do it gradually (make 1 of your 4 tables a 1/2 table) if you like, although I prefer moving up all at once (and reducing the number of tables to really focus on the games). I wouldn't recommend skipping 1/2 entirely though, the difference in pot size alone will freak you out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Not to mention you will learn a ton from 1/2 6-max should you choose to go that route.