Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How much would u call?
WTF? Of course I'd call his whole stack. I'm a 10:1 favorite! Man I would call his whole stack with 55 in this position. I'd sell everything and take a HUGE loan. Let's show this arrogant FUCK! If I lose, I'll shoot myself. 21 30.43%
$500,000. I'd sell my house and car and take a HUGE loan. I might be able to pay this loan back, if I lose, so my life would not be TOTALLY wrecked. Of course I needed to start everything from the start, but that's poker. 4 5.80%
$200,000. I'd sell my house and my car. If I lose I can always rent an apartment and start a real job and maybe someday play poker again. 3 4.35%
$100,000. My whole bankroll + car and loan the rest. I'm a huge favorite, so why not? I'd have to get a job, if I lose, but at least I'd have a roof over my head. 6 8.70%
$50,000. My whole bankroll. 9% ROR is quite high, but if it's gonna happen, it happens now. If I lose I can sell my car and rebuild my bankroll in half a year with massive bonus whoring + 4 tabling 5/10 50h/week. Then I'd play this guy again and earn some 26 37.68%
$10,000. I'm a wuss. Over 20% of my bankroll is too much to be devoted on one card. I prefer losing only the $700 and leave the table. WTF I was doing here first place? I knew this guy could knock me off of any hand, if he wanted. 9 13.04%
I wouldn't call even a minraise. This guy obviously knows what he is doing. Look at his stack man!! If this guy raises me, I'm beat. 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2005, 12:29 AM

Default average winrate adjustment due to tilt?

What do you guys think the average good/winning player tilts away every hundred hands? I would guess atleast 1 BB, but maybe that's just because i'm a tilt box.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: average winrate adjustment due to tilt?

I don't tilt. It's stupid.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2005, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So we would all like to believe. Although I like to believe I tilt a lot less than the average player. Well, that is to say I don't spew chips as much as the average player when Im on tilt. I just hit or throw things =P

-Mike
Old 06-14-2005, 01:25 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So we would all like to believe. Although I like to believe I tilt a lot less than the average player. Well, that is to say I don't spew chips as much as the average player when Im on tilt. I just hit or throw things =P

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. we all do it, in some form or another.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:30 AM

Even a slightest and smallest degradation of play due to tiredness or boredom or frustration is tilt. Everybody does it.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even a slightest and smallest degradation of play due to tiredness or boredom or frustration is tilt. Everybody does it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?? I believed that tilt was the degradation of play due specifically to unluckiness.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What?? I believed that tilt was the degradation of play due specifically to unluckiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

TILT is suboptimal play when you know better.

FISHINESS is suboptimal play when you don't know any better. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It doesn't matter why it's happening, only that you notice when it does.

Many people actually go on tilt when they get on a rush of hot cards.

They loosen up and get too aggressive. Same result, different reason.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think the average good/winning player tilts away every hundred hands? I would guess atleast 1 BB, but maybe that's just because i'm a tilt box.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think it's over 2BB/100 for someone with an actual tilt problem. That's just one stupid CR bluff/turn followthru per 100 hands.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What?? I believed that tilt was the degradation of the psyche due specifically to unluckiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP