Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Two big laydowns

Hand 1- I have Q10s in the cut-off of a 1/2 six max game. I have ~200 as does villian. I open-raise to 7 and am called by both blinds.

FLOP 893 rainbow

SB checks, BB bets 6, I call, SB calls

TURN J

SB checks, BB bets 2, I make it 30, and SB makes it 58. BB drops and I only call.

River 9

SB pushes and I fold.

HAND 2- I have 24hh on the button of a 1/2 six max game. I limp behind 2 others. BB makes a raise to 7 and we all call. BB has ~60, other villian has ~200 as do I.

FLOP 3,8,K (two hearts)

BB bets 15, one limper calls, as do I.

Turn Jh

BB pushes in for 38, limper calls, as do I.

River is a blank

Limper pushes, I fold.

SGS
Old 06-08-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Two big laydowns

Hand 1- WOAH BABY. A lot going on here. I like the PF raise, good play. So you flop a gutshot, and the BB bets. I drop this hand here. But you decided to call, which is interesting. Im a lil sketchy on that. You turn the straight, woohoo. BB bets, you re-raise to 30, and get re-raised another 30 it looks like. At this point I push. I think you are up against the low straight at this point, maybe 2 pair. Either way I push. THe river pairs the board, and villian pushes. How much about was it. If it was less the the pot, or close to it, I think I call. Overall I dont like the hand.

Hand 2- This hand ill fold preflop, even on the button. You flop a four high four flush. A near 1/2 pot bet, IDK, I think Id fold. You call. YOu hit your flush, someone pushes. Im outta this hand now. Sorry, it just wasnt meant to be. This hand is an perfect example of why not to play terrible hands. All it got you was trouble.

The first hand is a big laydown, one which you could have avoided, and the second was not a big laydown IMO, another which should have been avoided.