Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Ks paired board.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Assuming a typical opponent, what should be my plan here on out? Has he shown enough aggression to the point where I should check/fold? Should I be check/calling here on out or maybe a stop n go, folding to a raise. I was pretty confused on this hand.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Ks paired board.

I hate folding in spots like this. Many players, if they had a 7, would slowplay.

Either way, I think your flop 3-bet is bad, especially once it's heads up.

If there's a chance he's making a play for a free card I don't mind a stop and go, but if you take that line and he raises again I think you need to be prepared to lay it down.

Otherwise, I don't mind just checking and calling.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:37 PM

Against a typical opponent (loose passive), I would expect them to raise the turn with a 7, not the flop. In any case, call down because it's possible MP3 has a big PP that's worse than yours.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:37 PM

You don't like the 3-bet because it spews against hands that beat me and scares hands that don't?
Old 06-07-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't like the 3-bet because it spews against hands that beat me and scares hands that don't?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much, yeah.

If you knew this guy was aggressive and would either make this play with a hand like 88 or a club draw, I don't mind shoving it down his throat with a flop 3-bet/lead the turn line.

However, since we don't know that for sure I think treading lightly is better.

Also, since you did 3-bet the flop we need to take the information you got from it, (his subsequent cap), into consideration.

I think if you're planning to see a showdown, the 3-bet is bad.