Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Monetary value on this river??

Okay, seriously, am I the only one to check this glorious river? No read on UTG. CO is loose the few hands I have on him.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 06-07-2005, 04:24 AM

Default Re: Monetary value on this river??

ugh, I hate the river over-call. If the pot were bigger you would have to check-raise to knock out utg.

As it is, no one with a K is folding, but you can't fold either. So I would probably play it the same.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Monetary value on this river??

Problem with checking the river is that they're going to check behind with a pair of sixes, tens, sevens, or nines. When you check, passive (average) players will only bet top pair or better.

If you bet, one of them would raise with two pair or better, and just simply call if they have a single pair of kings.

So by checking, you're only ending up having to call a bet if one of them has made a better hand, and you're letting them out cheaply if they have a very weak made hand but are willing to show it down.

So I like betting and folding to a raise (regardless of action). A bet is closer to +EV than a check/call.