Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Good Food in Vegas

Hi there,

I posted the a version of the following in OOT, but was told that I might get better response if I posted it here.

-----

The wife and I are heading to Vegas at the end of June, and would like to thoroughly gorge ourselves. I have a personal goal of gaining 5 to 10 lbs in the week that I will be there (bonus points for every pound over 10 ).

I tried to use the search engine to find good eats in Vegas, but couldn't find any threads. This means 1) that this has never been discussed or 2) I'm a moron when it comes to using the search engine. Hmmmm - I'm going with option 2. Anywho, I still need some good advice, so I'm going to toss this out there.

I'm interested to hear your opinions on where I can find some good ribs, wings, steaks, pork barbeque, other tasty animal products, and other good food (please refrain from the cow vs. vegetable debate). I'm trying to get a list together of "must eat at" places while I'm there trying to accomplish my goal. FYI, I'm not a picky eater, so comments on all types of cuisine are appreciated (I've never been much into Asian-based food, but I'd be willing to try if it's good). I'm not into spending a bundle on each meal, but I don't mind splurging for a couple of good meals while I'm there either if they are worth it. I like buffets and bar atmospheres, but sit-down restaurants are ok too. Also, a good $1.99 steak appeals to me at 4:00 am [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

I've already hit pubcrawler.com to get the lowdown on the microbreweries in Vegas. I'll be hitting most of them because I'm a serious microbrew whore. Any ideas on which are the best? - I'm into good IPA's mostly, but also like the wheats, stouts, and... (Ah who am I kidding, I like to drink them all).

Basically, I'm just looking for opinions on what your favorite places/meals are in Vegas.

Thanks for the help.