Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 02:15 AM

Default AJo, two pair and lots of trouble

UTG is pretty horrible, playing well over half of his hands
MP1 is unknown
CO is LAgg, 20% PFR and I expect him to to pretty much auto-cap a 3-bet and over-play at least the flop.
SB is a rock

I HATE to cold-call, but until the rock 3-bets I think I have too much hand and get paid off post-flop too much to fold.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Fnord is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Fnord calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, Fnord calls.

Flop: (14 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Fnord 3-bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fnord 3-bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Fnord calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (29 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Fnord calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 33 BB
Old 06-05-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: AJo, two pair and lots of trouble

If he's raising 20% of his hands, go ahead and give him a re-raise. That will give oyu a strong image of strength going into the flop, plus position, and it prevents multi-wayness. It might even knock out SB.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's raising 20% of his hands, go ahead and give him a re-raise. That will give oyu a strong image of strength going into the flop, plus position, and it prevents multi-wayness. It might even knock out SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both the blinds are tight. I opted not to raise because I didn't think it would kick the bad players out (do I really want to anyway?), the rocks will often fold anyway, I don't want to get into a multi-way shoot-out with AJo and I'd love to pop LAgg on the flop if I hit. Finally, given the line-up I'm against aggression will rarely take it down, I expect to have to show a hand. Flawed thinking?
Old 06-05-2005, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's raising 20% of his hands, go ahead and give him a re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

Whether or not the rest will come along you have an equity edge in this pot, and the button. I think you have the best of both worlds, whether they will call two more with many dominated hands or fold and you get to fight over the dead money vs the LAG with a nice equity edge (over his range of raising hands here).
Old 06-05-2005, 02:58 AM

You're not trying to push the bad player out in this case, you're trying to make them pay with their worse hand.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're not trying to push the bad player out in this case, you're trying to make them pay with their worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is my pre-flop edge big enough to push at the expense of pot bloat?