Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 12:01 PM

Default No-Limit Holdem Shoot out

WSOP events 15 and 16 are called "shoot outs". My understanding is that each table plays down to one player who will then proceed to the next round against players who also won their respective tables. But what happens after that?

What if there are 23 survivors, do these guys play in a normal 23 player tournament? Or are they split up into three tables in which the players would then play until there is one survivor per table who will then go on to the next round three handed?
Old 06-04-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: No-Limit Holdem Shoot out

[ QUOTE ]
WSOP events 15 and 16 are called "shoot outs". My understanding is that each table plays down to one player who will then proceed to the next round against players who also won their respective tables. But what happens after that?

What if there are 23 survivors, do these guys play in a normal 23 player tournament? Or are they split up into three tables in which the players would then play until there is one survivor per table who will then go on to the next round three handed?

[/ QUOTE ]

From www.worldseriesofpoker.com:

Players begin with $1,500 in tournament chips. One player advances from each table of Round One to Round Two. The number of players advancing from each Round Two table to the Final Table will depend on the number of entries. Round Two will begin 60 minutes after the conclusion of the final Round One table. Players will start Round Two with $15,000 in tournament chips, and chips will carry over from Round Two to the Final Table. The Final Table will resume from the point at which the earliest Round Two table concludes. All levels up to the Final Table will last 60 minutes. Final Table levels will be 90 minutes. Breaks will be every two rounds. Players will be in the money when they advance from their first table. Play will last the first day until we are down to the Final Table. Final Table play will resume at 2 pm on June 18, 2005. 5% of the total entry pool will be withheld for the house. 3% of the total entry pool will be withheld for tournament staff.

Greg H.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:15 PM

But what if the number of people who advance don't add up to ten. For instance, let's say 24 people advance. Do they divide it into three 8 player tables who will then play until there is one left per table? Then three go on to a three handed final table?
Old 06-04-2005, 02:35 PM

if 24 people are left

It will be 3 8 handed tables and they will play till there are 9 left overall, not neccesarily 3 per table though
Old 06-04-2005, 02:39 PM

Is GIgabet playing these events? He could easily be the player with best expectation at this form of poker, IMO.

EDIT: OMG, I can't believe I just made a WPTish statement without knowing ish about the situation. Disregard my idiocy, please.