Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 12:02 AM

Default please read, apoligies in advance, opinions please

I am in need of serious help. I've come to the horrible realization today that I am far from the winning player I thought I was. I play about 15 hours a week 1/2 on a 900-1100.00 bankroll. I've played nearly 2 years now. My first year was spent just thowing money away, it was stupid what I was doing. Then one day I came across bonueswhores. I thought I could just make a few hundred bucks a month playing break even poker, sure beats shelling out 50.00 on party poker every payday. I started to actually take advice from crappy books like "Play poker like the pros" And woohoo, first month I made 250.00 from bonuses. and -30.00 from play...who cares... im up!! Well then I found 2+2 and realized how much of a poker tool I was. After that I started playing better, actually downloaded PT and reused it a million times over playing 1000 after 1000 hands...Dont ask...for some reason I felt like I didnt need to blow 100.00 on it. Plus I saw winning players on here boast 2.5-3BB/100 win rate and I thought that was nothing compared to the money I made, and for a time. I was right. I was used to pulling 300-400 a week from any random site on bonuswhores, this went on for 4-5 months, and I was cocky....My wife can tell you stories about my "Micro-Limit KING" rants night after night. Well...then April and Absolute Poker hit. I had just brought up my bankroll to about 1200.00 after cashing out 200.00 every week for a while. I wanted to get the huge 1st time bonus on Absolute so I put my whole roll in there. I cleared about 350.00 of the bonus after about a week and a half and was shocked to only be up about 70.00. "Bad week" I thought....On to Empire, and hello 2/4 (yes I moved up here). 5 days and 120.00down later..."whoah maybe its too soon for 2/4, lets go back to killing 1/2....yeah" Well that was more than a month ago and I have been in the red every single session since. I'd be broke if not for the bonuses I get. About a week ago I thought I had an apiffany..."hmmmm, I got it, I should go to 6-max so I can be more agressive" First 1 hour session +120.00 I couldnt be happier, which was matched by the -150.00 session I had later that day. Since then its been up $20-$50 for one hour session then down $60-$100 the next....I'm slowly bleeding. I now realize it. Im not winning these games. Flat out. I'm accrediting this bad play to the losing "streak" if I can even call it that anymore. More like a losing streak that I flipped out about and created bad play. Now I have all these dumb ideas about changing games again, skipping limits...retarded stuff. So for those who are kind enough to have read this whole thing, what do you think my next move should be. ive got about 800.00 after my stars bonus clears and I just dont know what to do. As retarded as it sounds Im scared to even play now. Ive already decided to take a little time of the tables to really evaluate my play, and start learning the right way this time. Im buying PT and loading all my hands from the psat 6 mo. I have saved. Now after that....I dont know. Most of PT is jibberish to me that I was too cocky to bother to ask about. Is there a guide of some sort out there that can tell me what to improve on based from PT stats? Should I try to hire somone to evaluate my play? Any advice out there would be helpful. Im pretty new here so please dont flame too hard.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: please read, apoligies in advance, opinions please

paragraphs are your friend
Old 06-03-2005, 12:13 AM

Next time, try using the "Enter" key more when you post.

You'll probably get more replies that way.

Adam
Old 06-03-2005, 12:14 AM

lol.... i swear you posted one second before me.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:21 AM

my eyes burn
Old 06-03-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my eyes burn

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Especially at 1920x1200.

But to OP, this link from the Small Stakes forum might give you an idea of some others' PT stats at the 2/4 and 3/6 level. For specific PT questions, check out the software forum here or PT's own forum. Good luck. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2005, 12:30 AM

Why did you guys een bother reading this then?....the subject was pretty clear. And from first glance you can see its one paragraph...why bother reading it if its that bad?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:31 AM

thank you smb394
Old 06-03-2005, 12:34 AM

have u read any books besides the Hellmuth one? If not pick up one like either of ed millers or lee jones winning low limit holdem and play single tables(as opposed to multitabling) if ur not already. play a little, read a little, read posts on this forum, etc.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:45 AM

Ive read Lee Jones...I dont know. I see some people on here say its great and others say it sucks. It does seem pretty loose passive from my first read. But then again who am I to have an educated opinion right now... Is it safe to say that I should be forgetting about making 5+BB/100 in 1/2 again consistantly? Is it just that unsustainable over the long haul?