Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2002, 02:41 PM

Default an uncommon situation

It's three handed $20-40. You have KK in the big blind. The preflop betting goes raise raise raise raise raise raise call call.

The waitress asks, "Isn't that too many raises?"

The button says, "no."

The small blind says, "yes."

The dealer, who happens to have a thing for the waitress and doesn't want her to get in trouble for looselippyness, and who happens to be the button's brother, and who happens to hate the small blind, burns and turns real fast, and this is the flop: A-K-2, rainbow.

The small blind, facing no bet, folds K-4 suited in disgust, face up, and puts a curse on the dealer and stiffs the waitress for a month.

It's your turn. What's the best play?

Tommy
Old 12-22-2002, 03:12 PM

Default Re: an uncommon situation

Either fold and curse at the SB for not slipping your only out back into the deck, or put the button on 22 and raise seven more times.

Then continue posting. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2002, 03:34 PM

Tommy:
Ya know, that same thing happened at a table where I was playing (I wasn't involved in the hand) just the other night.
Old 12-22-2002, 06:19 PM

Call time and ask for the floor. You have two options here assuming the other player wouldn't put in so many bets 3-way w/o Aces. Get your bets back that exceeded the cap pre-flop and check-fold the flop(use some of the recovered money to tip the waitiress when she brings out your strawbery smoothie). Option 2: Make the dealer shuffle the flop back into the stub due to his knowingly pre-mature action and hope for a more favorable flop [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sno
Old 12-22-2002, 07:15 PM

I check raise the turn, turn, bet the river, river, and scoop the pot, pot. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] I then take the dealer who has a thing for me out for a drink [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Babe [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2002, 07:55 PM

Default Re: an uncommon situation- the FLOP

Oh yea, I got so excited that I forgot to bet the flop. So I just checked the flop and called when the set of deuces bet it [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Then he paid me off as described above. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (And...the button was our good friend Bob Morgan, because who else would maxibet with deuces?.!) LGPG and May all your XMAS fantasies come true....Babe [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2002, 12:49 AM

"What's the best play?"

Gee, that wasn't the question I was expecting. I thought this was a trick post, and the question would be something like "what color was the waitress' blouse?"

But since you asked, I think the best thing to do is to not play in a short-handed game where one of the player's brother is the dealer. Then again, what I know about short-handed play could fit into the eye of a needle, with plenty of room left over for the inquisitiveness of the waitress and the intergrity of the dealer.

Anyway, loose lippyness brinks quippiness.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:51 AM

Integrity, I means, not intergrity.
Old 12-23-2002, 01:22 AM

since he said no he has a big hand before the flop. aces or queens. so check it and fold if he bets. and keep checking so you have a chance to get a bet from him if he has queens.
in real life many would forget what happened and play the three kings strongly and lose often. few could ever fold them including me. but sometimes i would if the player was tight enough.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:00 AM

why do you keep checking to get a bet from queens if you are going to fold to a bet? there is no way that folding at any point in this hand could be correct. this is 3 handed 20-40, so there aren't any tight players.