Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Poker tracker 2 questions

Hi, I have 2 questions
1) My database has about 11000 hands contained in 131 files in my hand histroy folder. Each time I choose to auto-import hands it has to search through all of these files which takes a darn long time. If I delete all of the folders (the ones that contain hand histories from previous days) will that ruin my PT database? or are the hand histories saved onto hhdb.mdb in the Poker Tracker folder?

2) Whenever I upload, the computer goes to a complete standstill and sometimes Pokertracker becomes not responding. Anyone else have this problem with large databases?
Old 06-01-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Poker tracker 2 questions

1) you have to chose the option to have the files "moved processed files to xxxx folder" or whatever it says. Make a folder somewhere,anywhere but the pty or whatever directory) and check the box then enter the location of the folder. That should solve the problem. I would not delete the files just move them to the newest folder. PT will not have to search through all the HH's in there EACH and EVERY time.

2) compact regularly and see above

p.s.
hope you're not being a smart alecc?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:53 AM

Nope I'm not, thanks- Ill try moving the files.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:18 AM

are you refering to Pokerroom hand history databases ? Go to the hand history folder in your Pokerroom folder on your harddrive. Find your texas hold'em or whatever database and copy it to another folder somewhere where you know where it will be. Then delete the database from your hand history folder. Do this while Pokerroom is shut down, btw. Now restart pokerroom and PT and you should notice a big difference in the speed that it takes to compute flop % , etc. I did this and noticed a huge difference. It solved the problem for me, anyway.