Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Confused with pocket 10\'s!

No reads, just sat down at this table.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (15.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (19.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 folds, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB
Old 04-13-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Confused with pocket 10\'s!

I like all streets. Too bad you never found out what the limp-capper had, though.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like all streets. Too bad you never found out what the limp-capper had, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite a limp-cap, he coldcalled and then capped, which is actually even more strange.

As a whole, this hand is really weird. CO seems like a nutjob that doesn't know what he's doing...calls 3 cold on the flop, raises flop, bets turn, and then checks through the river when a semi blank comes? I actually get the feeling you took down this pot somehow.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:26 PM

You shouldn't just be sitting down. At *least* watch one orbit, I prefer two. I think you'll make more money regularly observing your opponents before play, than you would worrying about playing this hand.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Not quite a limp-cap, he coldcalled and then capped, which is actually even more strange.

As a whole, this hand is really weird. CO seems like a nutjob that doesn't know what he's doing...calls 3 cold on the flop, raises flop, bets turn, and then checks through the river when a semi blank comes? I actually get the feeling you took down this pot somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's gotta be a maniac retard who watches too much tv or something. i think someone with experience needs to make a thread (maybe there is one) on how to handle this kind of aggrevating garbage.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:32 PM

Is anyone a fan of a stop &amp; go here? Betting the turn &amp; folding to a raise unless there's enough callers to draw for the set.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:34 PM

I would probably call PF instead of raising, but that's just me being tight. The rest of it looks good.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:39 PM

I like your play. I don't always have the guts to 3-bet TT, but I think clearly the correct play.

The only thing I might have done differently would be to bet the turn, but hard to tell without a read on the CO.

I put the CO on KQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something like that. He was trying to protect his top pair/draw against KK/AA. This might explain the river check. Or he is just a loonie.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:40 PM

I'm confused by CO's action. At first I thought set, semi-confirmed by the turn bet. Maybe he's on a flush draw? The river check means what, a busted draw? I dunno. And what's up with MP2's fold on the river? Does Stars allow a fold without a previous bet?

I'm guessing Hero took down the pot.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:43 PM

I hear everyone classifying these players and taking copious amounts of notes, but I still haven't progressed enough to know what type of player a certain player is. I can occasionally spot a rock or a maniac, but that's only in obvious situations.