Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Amount of Psychology depending on limits

Hello i am a new user to this forum. I have been playing poker for about 2 years now. I play on absolute poker. I was wanting to know if there was a huge difference in psychology at different levels. I have been playing at the micro limits like the $0.05/$0.10 no limit tables. I am trying to build up a decient sized bank roll before moving up levels. and i was wondering when is psychology really going to come into play? At what limits? I mean you can use psychology at these micro limits but not much psychology. Thanks
Old 06-30-2005, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Amount of Psychology depending on limits

I was under the impression that psychology was ALWAYS a factor of poker.. even when off the tables.

Includes such things as BR(bankroll) management, tilt, balancing poker with life, etc..
Old 06-30-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Hello,Kris! If U play with \"thinkers\",then the value of..

psychology increases--regardless of the limits. However,if MOST of ur oppos do very little thinking at the table,then applying psychology is practically useless.
"Thinkers" would try to determine what u have;what u think they have;what u think they think u think they have,Etc.
When ur oppos. are thinking at these levels,then ur bluffs and semi-bluffs would be more successful. However,in the case of non-thinkers,u can generally dispense with bluffs and semi-bluffs.
SittingBull