Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Who calls this down?

I've been second guessing myself a lot lately, especially being bluffed out of pots. Villian is 20/10/2

Please remind me laying this down in the +EV thing to do...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero...

Does anyone peel one off here and see the turn?
Old 05-26-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Who calls this down?

lay down pre flop. given the way you played it, you still have to lay down on flop, there is no viable 3 bet hand you are ahead of, and trying to bluff AK out of this board 1) sometimes won't work 2) costs you a ton of bets if facing a PP
Old 05-26-2005, 01:14 AM

Why the preflop raise? ATo doesn't seem strong enough to warrant that from MP1 in a 10-handed game. You're just asking to be iso-raised by someone to your left.

After the flop, you're likely dominated. You can't trust any of your outs. You're out of position. The pot is moderate-sized. You'll never know if you're ahead or behind in the hand. Peeling one off doesn't seem like it would help you much.

I think your two best choices are raise or fold (gosh, like you've never heard THAT advice before). If you raise, CO has to fear a monster. He MIGHT fold right here, if he's that sort of player. His numbers seem TAG enough that he could lay down his overcards to a full court press. On the other hand, if he's actually got something, or if he smells your weakness, you'll get three-bet and have to fold another BB poorer. Do you think he'll fold more than 1/4 of the time here? Absent any other information I'd say "yes," and that means a raise here is +EV.

Of course, if he just calls your flop bet then you've got to decide if you have the nutsack to lead a blank turn....I think you pretty much need to, folding to a turn raise.

I think your best chance at this pot is a bluff. It may be a slim chance, but the pot is large enough to warrant the risk.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:33 AM

I dont think this pf raise is horrible better then calling but it really depends on ur table.

But as for the flop I thinkud be best to give this up.
Theres prob not any hand ur ahead of atm even though CO would really bet any flop when checked too.