Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 03:19 AM

Default limp raising

i have been experimenting with limp raising and im wondering should i limp raise AK and QQ from UTG or just AA KK, also from mid position if i am still first in should i stil try and limp raise? what line do i take if i dont get the chance to re raise and the flop dosent make trips?
Old 05-24-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Re: limp raising

[ QUOTE ]
what line do i take if i dont get the chance to re raise and the flop dosent make trips?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why i hate limp reraising, but there are obviously situations where it's worth doing..
i prolly do it w/ AK, KK, AA and maybe QQ if i think opponents routinely raise w/ AJ AT or TT and lower
Old 05-24-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: limp raising

At online SSNL, I rarely limp-raise. People are in general so lose or ignorant that an EP-raise will get called anyway. So as I see it, a limp-raise accomplishes nothing but defining your hand. Also, too many times have I been put in awkward situations by limping EP and get to see an unraised flop with 7 players.

Also, I would not limp-raise A K. Building a large pot OOP with a hand that will miss 2\3 of all flops seems to be bad, especially with 100XBB stacks or more.