Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Switching affiliate Account to Rakeback at Absolute?

At the beginning of the year, when I wasn't familiar with rakeback, I signed up with Absolute through an affiliate to get some gift (poker chips or something). Now, i find out that Absolute allows rakeback and bonuses. Thus, I email Absolute to find out if I can have my account closed, so I can get a "better deal." Of course, they will allow it, except that I have signed up through a diff affiliate. Now, here is the prob: I have contacted my affiliate to see if he would switch my account to rakeback. I have gotten no reply to a couple of emails, nor have I received a response on their forum (which seems to have very little activity). Do any of you who are affiliates think this switch is possible? Absolute said it is fine with them.

Anybody have any insight into potential solutions? I do not want to cheat Absolute here. I think my affiliate has made some money off me (more than enough to cover the cost of the gift they sent me). I also don't want to screw them but it is clearly -EV to play virtually any site without rakeback, expecially Absolute.

Again, any hints are appreciated.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Switching affiliate Account to Rakeback at Absolute?

Hit the classifieds and switch. Why would you want to stick with a non-responsive affiliate anyway? What happens when payment is late and they don't respond to your emails?
Old 05-24-2005, 12:02 AM

I'm thinking of opening an account at Absolute too. A question: Do you receive rakeback on hands played while clearing a bonus?

So for example, while I'm clearing the $500 signup bonus will I be getting rakeback?

Thanks.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:07 AM

Yes. That's why they rock. Don't sign up on Firefox, your affiliate code will get screwed.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:09 AM

Really? Wow, that's a great deal...but is it gonna be a bunch of 2+2er's like Gamesgrid?
Old 05-24-2005, 12:15 AM

Don't use Opera, Mozilla, Firefox, or anything else. Use IE.

BTW, if you have to deal with AP's tech support you'll think you've warped to Party.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:33 AM

That is a good point, but to clarify what I said earlier. Absolute will allow a person to close an account even if the sole purpose is to sign up with an affiliate. They will not allow an affiliated account to be closed for the purpose signing up with another affiliate. So, if I want to be ethical, it seems I have to convince my affiliate to allow rakeback. But then again, what do you think about creating a new account with a diff affiliate? Is it worth the possibility that Absolute will confiscate funds, etc...?
Old 05-24-2005, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't sign up on Firefox, your affiliate code will get screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - I wish my affiliate would have told me this when I signed up for AP. I never showed up on his affiliate page after signing up though his link. He just said APs system is horrible and it happens all the time, but I'm sure it was because I use Firefox. After the last couple of Emails to AP on the subject got no response, I took out my money and haven't played there since. It may be sour grapes, but with their crappy software and no HH auto-import for PT, I probably wouldn't play there much anyway.