Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 05:20 AM

Default I\'d like to share an interesting quote from an interesting book.

According to the book, "Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About", Kevin Trudeau states the following: "Medical science believes that thoughts could never alone cure or cause disease. However, it is interesting to point out that medical science can not dispute the "placebo" effect. The placebo effect is when a person is given a "placebo," which is in effect nothing, yet their disease is cured. This occurs because the patient believes that what he is taking will cure the disease. His thoughts basically cause the cure. This happens in as many as 40 percent of the cases. Imagine, up to 40 percent of the time a person with a dreaded disease cures himself with his own thoughts!" Right when I finished reading that statement, the book, "Think and Grow Rich", by Napoleon Hill, popped up in my mind. Anyways, I would appreciate your comments on Trudeau's statement.

P.S. Another statement Trudeau makes several paragraphs below the one above: "Words have power. Most people speak words that increase body stress and turn the body's pH from alkaline to acidic. Words can change the way we think and feel. Researchers have concluded that speaking the correct form of words and thinking the correct thoughts actually changes a person's DNA." I would appreciate your comments on this statement as well. Thank you guys for taking the time to read this.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: I\'d like to share an interesting quote from an interesting book.

Thoughts also create diseases, so think about that.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:27 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
Researchers have concluded that speaking the correct form of words and thinking the correct thoughts actually changes a person's DNA." I would appreciate your comments on this statement as well. Thank you guys for taking the time to read this

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought about this before. Let's say you are studying in school to be a biochemist. You're studying your ass off so you are living and breathing it. Let's say during this time you knock some slut up. I wonder if that kid would be more likely to be born with a predisposition to sciences than if you were studying something else. Not that it would be gauranteed, but that the possibility is more likely. That make sense? Not sure if I presented that right.

b
Old 05-23-2005, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts also create diseases, so think about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

He states that.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Researchers have concluded that speaking the correct form of words and thinking the correct thoughts actually changes a person's DNA." I would appreciate your comments on this statement as well. Thank you guys for taking the time to read this

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought about this before. Let's say you are studying in school to be a biochemist. You're studying your ass off so you are living and breathing it. Let's say during this time you knock some slut up. I wonder if that kid would be more likely to be born with a predisposition to sciences than if you were studying something else. Not that it would be gauranteed, but that the possibility is more likely. That make sense? Not sure if I presented that right.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I see where you're driving at. But your DNA changing doesn't have to be a DRAMATIC change from what I understand.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:42 AM

Trudeau is a charlatan.

I have not read the book, but have seen the informercials about it. This guy is also an expert on skin care products, blenders, cleaning supplies, yard tools, and anything else he thinks he can sell through informercials. The guy has no shame and I seriously doubt there is a single footnote or referece to credible science in his book. But he tries to cover this flaw by denigrating modern science and medicine at every turn.

Do you really think there is some big conspiracy among doctors, drug companies, and medical researchers to deny people the "truth" and to deny them cures to their problems? And if it exists Kevin Trudeau uncovered it?

Please.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Trudeau is a charlatan.

I have not read the book, but have seen the informercials about it. This guy is also an expert on skin care products, blenders, cleaning supplies, yard tools, and anything else he thinks he can sell through informercials. The guy has no shame and I seriously doubt there is a single footnote or referece to credible science in his book. But he tries to cover this flaw by denigrating modern science and medicine at every turn.

Do you really think there is some big conspiracy among doctors, drug companies, and medical researchers to deny people the "truth" and to deny them cures to their problems? And if it exists Kevin Trudeau uncovered it?

Please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard this from MANY people. Reading this book, I could understand why. Just curious what you think about these statements from what you know personally, not based on Trudeau's reputation.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I see where you're driving at. But your DNA changing doesn't have to be a DRAMATIC change from what I understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not saying dramatic, just the chance goes up. Let's say someone is an athlete in school. Life happens, whatever, so now they focus much more intensely on the academic side. Couldn't this push the needle a little more to predispose the mindset/dna program for how the brain works, to more an academic mind than athletic framed mind?

Again, not saying it's definite, but more likely than if they didn't pursue as intensely? It might not even be a factor at all, but you never know.

b
Old 05-23-2005, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think there is some big conspiracy among doctors, drug companies, and medical researchers to deny people the "truth" and to deny them cures to their problems?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think if they had a cure for the common cold they would make it public?

b
Old 05-23-2005, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think there is some big conspiracy among doctors, drug companies, and medical researchers to deny people the "truth" and to deny them cures to their problems?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think if they had a cure for the common cold they would make it public?

b

[/ QUOTE ]

The two questions mentioned above can make an interesting debate IMO.