Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Royal Vegas Poker and the free ten dollars?

Does Royal Vegas still offer the free ten dollars to there new players for absolutely nothing? No deposit is required to get the ten dollars? If that is the case any suggestions on how to build that ten dollars into a fortune? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Royal Vegas Poker and the free ten dollars?

play tight you will be under rolled for the smallest game offered .05-.10. you will need to make a deposit if you ever go to withdraw on this (in the TOC). btw they do rake the micros. but the games are so soft you would never notice. I took them up on this offer and have doubled up in about 5 hours of play. also there will need to be activity recorded on the acount (either a deposit of raked hand play acording to TOC) with in 7 days of the credit. I was not sue if the micros counted so I did play one round of .25-.50 and broke even. so I am in the micros and building my way back up from scratch. I look at is as a chalenge and look forward to the time I can pull out a big WD knowing I built up from 0.

hope this helps
Old 05-19-2005, 12:07 PM

yes the free $10 offer is still available. you don't have to deposit to get it but you must deposit at least $20 and play at least 100 raked hands (minumum 25c/50c limits) in order to withdraw any amount.

if you deposit $100 and request their $40/40% bonus then you will have to play a total of 900 raked hands (6x(D+B)) to withdraw. I would personally not use this option, as it works out to an 18x deal.

personally, I never understood what the big deal is about taking a free $10 or whatever and building it up ad infinitum. you can earn more money in less time if you just go ahead and use a decent amount of your own bankroll to start. I mean, if you're poor and free money is all you can start with, fine, but I find that people brag way too much about doing this like it's something newsworthy.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
personally, I never understood what the big deal is about taking a free $10 or whatever and building it up ad infinitum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm nostalgic and that's how I started my 'career'?

While that's true there is another reason to love this. It's so much better for poor college friends who just want to give it a shot to see what it's all about. Play at the 0.05/0.10 tables is light years more serious than play money play.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:09 PM

So Rudbaeck, how much did you grind that 10 dollars into?
Old 05-19-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So Rudbaeck, how much did you grind that 10 dollars into?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm grinding still a year later. But on RV I made it to ~100 before cashing out. (And hence depositing the only $20 I ever deposited out of my real cash.)

Never played a hand of hold'em prior to a friend lending me WLLH and tipping me off to the RV deal.