Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Help with mucked cards ruling

Posted this in the General forum. Maybe it should be here ?

Couple weeks ago in Green Bay this happened.

The hands don't really matter but, at showdown, the board is xxx77. I show the K's I'd been betting the whole way, 2 other players show and announce that they each have A high. The dealer places both hands on top of the already straightenned out and ready for the automatic shuffler muck pile.

Somewhere along the line, someone, I dont remember who, says the one guy had A7 and therefore should have won. The dealer takes off the top 2 cards from the muck and sure enough, A7. He calls the floor and explains and the floor agrees to push this guy the pot. I'm not a hard ass about these things and didnt make a fuss. It was a smallish pot anyway.

After the fact, I made a comment about mucked cards being dead regardless of how they got there. Several of the old timers disagreed saying all they needed to do was look at the tape and they would see this guy won the hand.

Whats the proper ruling here ?
Old 05-19-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Help with mucked cards ruling

Seems fine to me. The rule is mucked cards MAY be ruled dead. It is totally up to the floors disgression. Given the fact the player showed down the hand he is definitly entitled to the pot.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:20 PM

if the hand was shown and other players say they saw the hand its where the "may" part of the rule comes in. So if 3 people are like, ok i saw he had it and then they pull off the top 2 fromt he muck and they are those cards the floor will usually allow this.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:25 PM

If he SHOWED A7, that is layed his hand face up on the table, he wins the pot even if he then picks them up and mucks them, or miscalls his hand, or both.