Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 10:24 PM

Default In which I pay through the nose for my T6, finally get there and check

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $5. Hero posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (13.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $3.50 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (14.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
Old 05-17-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Re: In which I pay through the nose for my T6, finally get there and check

I would fold preflop. Why did you not bet on the river?
Old 05-17-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: In which I pay through the nose for my T6, finally get there and check

Since button didn't raise the turn, I think I would bet the river - but I can't really fault you for going for checkraise. I may be results oriented.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:56 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

no other way to play it IMO
Old 05-17-2005, 10:56 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Since button didn't raise the turn, I think I would bet the river - but I can't really fault you for going for checkraise. I may be results oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

he wasn't going for a checkraise... it looks like button is just scared of teh 4 straight
Old 05-17-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he wasn't going for a checkraise... it looks like button is just scared of teh 4 straight

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the button *is* scared of the straight, but why does that mean the hero shouldn't bet? The button doesn't have the straight, so the hero should try for a side pot here, no? I would think an overpair is the most likely holding for the button.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: In which I pay through the nose for my T6, finally get there and c

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the button *is* scared of the straight, but why does that mean the hero shouldn't bet? The button doesn't have the straight, so the hero should try for a side pot here, no? I would think an overpair is the most likely holding for the button.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought he had a pocket pair and I was going for a checkraise.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes more sense. Yeah, since he just called the turn, I'd consider just betting out on the river.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I thought. I don't like though. His turn check behind tells me he's scared. So there's too good a chance he remains scared on the river. Then again, it only needs to work more than 50% of the time, which it *might*. But then again, your play sure looks like a straight draw, so it might not.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, if button is scared of str8, then isn't that more reason for Hero to bet. Hero isn't scared of the str8.