Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Another shorthanded bloated pot - AQs

Played less than 10 hands with UTG, he seemed solid. Hadn't done anything out of the ordinary.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

River: (17.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB
Old 05-18-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Another shorthanded bloated pot - AQs

I was about to make a comment about you begin LAG until I saw that it was 5-handed. Wouldn't you get better replies in HUSH?
Old 05-18-2005, 02:12 PM

They don't take much notice to 1/2 play. Most of the posts there talk about 3/6 or 5/10 and higher.

Besides, I think it would be good to discuss some shorthanded strategy in the micros.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:16 PM

I don't think I would have raised the turn. I would have bet the river if checked to.

And I agree that 1/2 SH hands can/should be posted in the micro forums. They just don't much care for 1/2 posts in HUSH.

EDIT: I should elaborate on why I think the micro forum is a good place for 1/2 SH posts. Basically, we have a lot of good .5/1 players graduating to 1/2 SH, and these people still frequent the micro forum, and can offer constructive criticism on shorthanded play, albeit not at an expert level.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:56 PM

Grunching (and timidly offering advice to my pwner in the CHUMP). 5 handed I like the 3 bet, obviously call the cap preflop.

I play the flop the same. When UTG leads out again on the turn, I have to think KK or AA or AK diamonds is likely. I would just call down unimproved. When checked to on the river, I figure UTG for KK and bet. If c/raised, I punch the table, call, and see his AA.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:59 PM

i think the whole hand looks good, but i'm not sure i personally could 3-bet the flop or raise the turn.

it seemed to have the desired outcome though, and i suspect you rivered him good.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:05 PM

what do you think UTG is raising UTG preflop and capping the flop with? i seriously doubt SB or UTG are on a flush draw or have the 9.

i wonder what SB is cold calling 2 back with on the flop? all that said, i don't know what i think about the turn 3-bet. was it for a free showdown or did you think your Q was goot? i guess he could be doing this with KQs.

the only hands i can guess is: KQs, KK. is that too tight a guess? what did he show?
Old 05-18-2005, 06:15 PM

If the flop 3 bet isn't a spew, i'd venture that the turn raise is.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:17 PM

The flop 3-bet is not spewing IMO as this is shorthanded and people generally play more aggro. I do think the turn raise is a bit much though.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The flop 3-bet is not spewing IMO as this is shorthanded and people generally play more aggro.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, actually; my bad.