Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 07:04 PM

Default .5/1 AQs

Clearing a bonus, had a few hands where I was lost. Here's one:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

I assume this is a clear 3 bet, since the raiser is probably light and the poster could have called with anything.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Should I shut down on the king high flop? Are my one overcard plus BDFD, plus my preflop 3bet, enough to warrant betting out? I have to think I have very little fold equity. I'm starting to think betting could be a mistake.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Now I have a flush draw and an overcard, so I think betting is fine. Since I expect both of them to call again, should I checkraise to get more in, since I now have a pot equity edge?

River: (9.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

Missed everything, I assume the fold is SOP, even getting 12 to 1.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Any thoughts on the flop or turn?
Old 05-17-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: .5/1 AQs

[ QUOTE ]
Now I have a flush draw and an overcard, so I think betting is fine. Since I expect both of them to call again, should I checkraise to get more in, since I now have a pot equity edge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop seems fine to me.

Meh. If anyone is betting it's a weak king like KJ or KT.

I like check/calling the turn.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:07 PM

You don't have an equity edge with 1.5 outs for your A and 9 for your flush. You need 2 more callers to have enough of an edge to bet out. Check/call instead.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like check/calling the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. remember the A and Q of spades make a possible flush and any Q makes JT the straight, so your edge isn't as big as you first think.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:08 PM

HU I would like a turn bet, depending on reads, but here it's just a semibluff, and you're not folding both out close to enough.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:10 PM

The flop line seems fine. With only 2 other people in the pot, I think they'll fold enough times to make this a good play. (Or not, since the flop was 3-bet they probably have odds to call anyways...).

The turn, I probably check/call.

Fold on the river is the right play. You gots nothin'. 4 to a straight on the board, 3 spades...nothin'.

I only switch my turn play here.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't have an equity edge with 1.5 outs for your A and 9 for your flush. You need 2 more callers to have enough of an edge to bet out. Check/call instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're correct, I completely miscalculated. A little rusty on this limit cash game stuff.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:29 PM

i play it the same- u cant win them all.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:15 PM

Grunching:

Flop: I like leading because it allows you to keep initiative in the hand. If MP3 raises here, I would call and check/fold the turn UI. Not a mistake, IMO, but a check/call here might be ok too against 2 opponents.

Turn: Great card for you, but your bet sucks. You don't have a pot equity edge. (Your equity with 12 outs to TP or better is only 12/46 = 26% vs. a fair share of 33.3%) You do, however have pot odds to make a call here.

River: No one has shown any real aggression here. It might play differently than if you had just check/called the turn, but I think I'm calling this river bet for a sanity check.