Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Hmmmm Bet the Turn?

Just sat down.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>...
Old 05-17-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Hmmmm Bet the Turn?

[ QUOTE ]
Just sat down.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't bet the turn?
Old 05-17-2005, 03:52 PM

The only thing that's changed from the flop is that there is only one K out there rather than two.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:53 PM

I was thinking he would fold with a weaker hand and I could get him to bluff the river. But now that I think of it a lot of cards could come and beat me.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking he would fold with a weaker hand and I could get him to bluff the river. But now that I think of it a lot of cards could come and beat me.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's possibly drawing like up to 6 outs against you so I would bet to get value and if he folds, so be it. A lot of people will call a bet with an Ace in this situation or any two cards hoping to hit one for the boat.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely why you need to bet. Not to mention that two clubs and sometimes an 8 or a smaller PP will pay you off anyways.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that's changed from the flop is that there is only one K out there rather than two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this does impact the hand. Now it is even less likely that the villan has a better hand.

I'll bet this turn - checking doesn't accomplish anything, and could put you in an uncomfortable spot on the river when the villan wakes up. Betting the turn is better. You can often fold to a checkraise, and if the opponent just calls you can check the river if the villan is very tricky.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's quite a pickle you got yourself in by not betting the turn.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:19 PM

I would def bet the turn. for the reasons mentioned above. NOw if villian c/r'ed, i would want to just call down. If he called then bet the turn, id do the same. im not folding the river because he could easily have a flush or worse. but i dont want to raise it with that ace out there.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:30 PM

Thanks for the help guys, I ended up folding this river. If only I had bet that turn...

Should I post another hand?