Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Bellagio daily tournaments

(I'm going to cross-post this in the MTT thread.)

For those of you who don't know, Bellagio is now spreading a daily tournament at 2pm. Su-Th it is $540 and Fr-Sa it is $1060. Sats have been running in the morning starting at 9am and if there is demand, they also run them in the afternoon.

Tournout has ranged from 40-65 per day and I think once they tourney staff at Bellagio start marketing it will grow from there (at least based on the growth of their Wednesday and Friday tourneys).

Unfortunately, the Bellagio web site still stays the tourneys are only on Weds and Friday which is probably confusing some people because (a) that info is wrong and (b) the time listed for Friday's tourney is 5pm and it's really at 2pm.

They promised yesterday to fix the web site but it is still messed up. However, they did also say they are taking out an ad in Card Player and maybe online also.

There is also a rumor they might move the start time to be later in the afternoon, say 4pm or 5pm. Anyway, if you're in Vegas, stop on by the tourney -- it's a pretty good structure. 40 minute rounds, starting at 25-50 and you get 2k or 3k starting chips. Antes kick in after the 1st 100-200 level.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Bellagio daily tournaments

Thanks for posting this. I will be heading back the last weekend of July, and several of my friends are interested in the Bellagio tourneys. Are the satellites $55 SNG's or some other structure?
Old 05-11-2005, 01:45 PM

The sats for the $540 are $130 -- two winners plus cash (I think it's $30 cash).

The sats for the $1060 are $240 -- two winners plus cash (I think $60 cash).

The rounds for both are 15 minutes and you start with 1500 chips and 25-50 blinds. I think it goes 25-50, 50-100, 75-150, 100-200, 150-300, etc. (I typically just buy in and haven't played a sat for a couple of months so i might be slightly wrong).
Old 05-16-2005, 03:21 PM

Thanks for the info.