http://www.spyatpoker.com/

What is this crap? Is this for real?
Old 05-15-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Prove or Disprove this

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.spyatpoker.com/

What is this crap? Is this for real?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh goody, let's keep score on this one, shall we?

"Testimonials" from people who for some reason give their first and last names (people only give their initials or first name-last initial in testimonials for skin care products, for chrissakes, and yet these people seem to have no problem saying "Yep, I cheat at online poker!": 1 point.

Claiming that your product has been featured in several major newspapers, yet not providing a link to any of the stories which mention it: 1 point

Testimonial quote for an ebook about Texas hold 'em in which neither the author, the testimonial-giver, nor the magazine seem to exist: 1 point.

Banner ad which contains graphic stolen from Pokerroom.com: 1 point

Charging $6 extra for adding "another dozen poker-oriented programs", the titles of which are never mentioned: 1 point

A Frequently Asked Questions page that doesn't touch on such unimportant issues as how the software works or its legality (or lack thereof): 1 point

A Policy page that states that you are prohibted from copying the program. That's right, you, the person who is so interested in cheating at online poker that you're willing to pay $50 for a software package to do just that with no way to try it before paying - don't copy that floppy, bub: 1 point

"Poker Resource Center" links at the bottom, which are in no way included just to provide keyword-fodder for search engine rankings: 1 point

Claiming that your program is "completely undetectable": 1 point (I wonder how they can detect someone who's pirated it then?)

Ignoring the fact that poker servers NEVER send their client software more information than is needed (i.e. no matter how hard you look, your opponents' hole card info never passes through your network unless theyre showing their cards voluntarily): 1 point

Distributing a program whose purpose is almost certainly to gather dumb peoples' poker site passwords and charging them $50 for the privilege: 10 points

OK now let's calculate the final score...

one...one....one....ten....and another one.....carry that one.....oh yeah - ITS A FRIGGING SCAM
Old 05-15-2005, 10:16 PM

I'm no IT expert, but I think it is patently impossible to "see the hands that your opponents see in real time".

I have seen no evidence of someone consistently knowing my hole cards online. With perfect information like that it would be hard to lose, ever, and that would definitely be picked up by the sites' "cheater detection" software.

I think the claim is misleading, at best, and I would not do business with someone who makes false or misleading claims in his advertising.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:17 PM

OMG, ITS WORKING. HOLY [censored] [censored]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2005, 12:26 AM

I have extreme doubts about this program. I have not tried it, nor will I do so. The other posts in this thread have made most of the points I would make, and some that I overlooked.

There is, however, one more point. The website offers other software to improve your game. If you can see everyone's cards, why would you want any strategic advice?

Regards,

Al
Old 05-16-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There is, however, one more point. The website offers other software to improve your game. If you can see everyone's cards, why would you want any strategic advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah - I completely overlooked that. Good point.

Not to mention the fact that who would want to sell the golden goose for only $50?
Old 05-16-2005, 12:49 AM

This program COULD work if (in order of likelyhood):

1) The program is a peer to peer program that allows you to see cards of other people using the software as well as allows them to see yours.

2) You have installed a Trojan program that this program communicates with and screen scrapes your poker software for card values.

3) There is a Trojan program running on the poker server that this program communicates with and access cards.

4) The software makers have hacked internet routers and successfully decoded the encryption between the client/server and peeks on packets.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1) The program is a peer to peer program that allows you to see cards of other people using the software as well as allows them to see yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you only get to see the cards of someone else dumb enough to buy this? Man, the first person to buy it really gets screwed then. I wonder if he has the sack to go to the Better Business Bureau and complain [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
2) You have installed a Trojan program that this program communicates with and screen scrapes your poker software for card values.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would work, except normally hole cards are dealt face down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
3) There is a Trojan program running on the poker server that this program communicates with and access cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

And instead of making thousands of dollars an hour playing multitable wiffleball, they decide to sell it for $50 a pop? Come on, man - trust your common sense!

[ QUOTE ]
4) The software makers have hacked internet routers and successfully decoded the encryption between the client/server and peeks on packets.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they'd be using an ingenious method....to find out what your own hole cards are (the other players' hole cards aren't sent to your client, encrypted or not - the program on your end has absolutely no use for them. The only time youre sent data describing your opponents hole cards is either during a showdown or if your opponent voluntarily shows you his cards before he mucks)

The wonderfully fascinating thing about this "product" to me is that I can't see any way that people would actually believe this works, with the sole exception of looking at it from the viewpoint that it's incredibly pleasant to believe that it does.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:51 AM

jordanx -
"This program COULD work if (in order of likelyhood):

1) The program is a peer to peer program that allows you to see cards of other people using the software as well as allows them to see yours."

I suppose if this were the case it could be useful for colluders.

PairTheBoard
Old 05-16-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you only get to see the cards of someone else dumb enough to buy this? Man, the first person to buy it really gets screwed then. I wonder if he has the sack to go to the Better Business Bureau and complain [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Collusion?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would work, except normally hole cards are dealt face down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the hell do you play? Anyway, it could grab it from the textbox.