Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Party Mid/High NL/PL Ghost Town

anyone else notice that there were very few $400+ PL/NL games going on the last week or so? I normally play about 4K-5K hands/wk, but I only got in around 2K last week because there weren't that many tables going.

anybody know what's up? finals week? something else?
Old 05-16-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Party Mid/High NL/PL Ghost Town

The fish are all bust, I predict a mass exodus from party in the near future as all the medium rolling fish bust out from the bigger games, and all the mutlitabling TAGs will leave due to cancellation of rakeback, loss of fish, and everything else party and skins are doing to piss us off.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fish are all bust, I predict a mass exodus from party in the near future as all the medium rolling fish bust out from the bigger games, and all the mutlitabling TAGs will leave due to cancellation of rakeback, loss of fish, and everything else party and skins are doing to piss us off.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, i didn't mean this as a "the sky is falling" post, although it may have had that tone. i'm actually just curious.

previous weeks there were usually 6-8 $400PL games going, then last week, boom. there were never more than 4 going all weekend, and most of the time only 1 or even 0. $600PL was 0 the whole weekend that i saw, and there were only around 4 $1000PL games going. it seemed like there were markedly fewer NL tables as well...

i was thinking that it might be a lack of poker-adicted college kids or something...
Old 05-16-2005, 03:38 PM

Ha ha,

The Party waters are being grossly overfished.

Even at $100 NL I see table after table of multitablng rocks, (I wont even call them TAG's) sitting around with their %15 VIP, just trolling, hoping to catch the stray perch swimming by.

I had to keep jumping from table to table to try to find a game without a bunch of these jerks. I kept finding the same familiar stones at each table, and there were 20 - 30 tables at some times. (maybe more, didn't actually count them.) And to top it off, they all turn off the chat so as not to see all the ZZZZZZZZZZZ and insults directed at them.

Party is cutting their own throat letting the multitabling rocks kill the games.

These type players are not in Party's best interest. They slow the games WAY down, skin the fish in record time, and play so few hands that they can't possibly be moneymakers for Party.

Oh well, not my problem, I will find new venues somewhere.

PS It IS the multitablers slowing the games way down. Don't argue, it is a fact. And Party will come to that realization of them killing the games too late.

The dumba$$es who buy Party's IPO are going to be really hurtin' in a year.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:08 PM

I have noticed that at the 50NL 6-max tables the number of donks has gone way down. I used to be able to stack up once or twice a night, but lately no one is getting stacked unless it is me. It may be because it is summer now and the fish are going fishing themselves (in a lake). I have been making money by raising the rocks out of their pairs.
I am on the button with XXs and I join four other limpers with my trash. Flop is K73 or something like that and I have a flush draw. UTG sends a dollar around and we all call. Turn is a 7 and he sends $2 around and everyone calls, but I make it $10, betting that no one has a 7, and pick up the pot. If you try it against me, prepare to receive a re raise all in.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:22 PM

the games are still excellent as long as you know how to beat tight players.

abc players are pretty easy to beat, they telegraph when they have a hand and can be put off too many hands. so tightness =/= tough game.