Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 03:46 PM

Default TPWK

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Table is very loose but I am down about 50BB so not in the best frame of mind (one of my last hands for the night). I hate this hand but I just wanted to verify a few things to make sure I play it correctly in the future. Here are my thoughts:

- A pfr might be a good play with only 6 players in the hand (espeically since it's a 9-max game and one of the players is a poster). Anyone else pfr here? Maybe I've been playing too many NL tournaments. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

- On the flop I hate my relative position but I'm pretty sure I have to raise here. SB's action should reveal what I'm up against. Against a reraise should I call and fold the turn unimproved? I know SB is loose and is not the most solid player in the world.

Thanks for your help!
D5
Old 05-12-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: TPWK

I think that I would have played it the same way as you did.

Thats because I dont think thats its likely that SB or any of the other limpers would necessarily fold if it was only one bet back to them.

And if you think that SB might reraise you, then that would suggest to me that his hand was better than yours.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:55 PM

6 handed i really like a preflop raise. maybe i'm too aggro. i think you need to find a raise somewhere or fold. you have no real outs (2 3's) if you're behind and there's a flush draw out. I think a turn raise may buy a free showdown, so i'd try it there. You may have the best hand, you didn't just get beat by a flush, and you may look like two pair to another player.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:07 PM

I'd probably raise the flop here. There is a very real chance you're sunk, but I think your best chance of winning is by raising. If you get 3bet, you can probably just fold the turn UI.