Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 02:46 AM

Default hey so yeh im pretty aggressive

I just finished reading a post about some guy whos vpip was a bit too high and aggressiveness a bit too low, and mainly the discussion was about how to help him play more aggressively. I find that quiet often this is the case when people post their "check ups". Well for me, my problem is opposite.

I think I play way overboard aggressive and i guess the real reason is that I really drilled it into myself that calling is a piece of [censored] play. To me poker is a bet/raise or fold type game. I mean i do call down sometimes when im unsure to how good my hand is but its too strong to fold or when i know im clearly drawing to a far better made hand and i have no fold equity, i just hate doing it, just really really hate it. I'm not sure how much it is affecting me because i do beat the 3/6 game for about 3.05 bb/100 over the last 100 k hands.

I believe one reason is I played a bit too tight before and after reading nate's post and pokerbob's attempts at making himself a looser player, as well as many others, I've really tried to do the same. Well, I'm not sure what to do here and my guess is that it would be hard for anyone to tell me too. But I am hoping that someone who has maybe had this trouble themselves will be able to help me fix my over aggressive state that i currently am in.

Well here goes:

VPIP: 16.02
VPIP from SB: 25.4%
Folded SB to steal: 75.2%
Folded BB to steal: 65.3%
Folded BB to steal HU: 60.1 %
Attempt to steal blind: 28.14%

Went to SD %: 30.42
Won SD %: 57.86%
Raise preflop: 9.2 %

Flop aggression: 4.47
Turn aggression: 3.99
River aggression: 2.58
Total: 3.86

Folded to River Bet: 52.09 %
bb/100: 3.05

gah i dunno how to copy paste this damn thing, all these little itty bitty stats are probably useful in figuring out where i stand.

Old 05-11-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Re: hey so yeh im pretty aggressive

If you're beating $3/6 for 3bb/100 over 100k hands I don't know why you're still playing $3/6.

Anyway, poker is not a bet/raise/fold sort of game. It's a bet/call/fold/raise sort of game. Calling is certainly not a piece of [censored] play: my guess is not that you raise too much, though, but that you probably fold too much.

That said, 3bb/100 is nothing to laugh at over 100k hands, so I wouldn't worry about it much unless there's a real reason you're worried about leaks.

Rob
Old 05-11-2005, 02:53 AM

well, i honestly think, as someone else mentioned that im too aggressive to a fault. I dont want to move up to some level where the money can go fast if i make some costly errors. I have for awhile really wanted to move up, but seeing as some people say that they go to 15/30 straight from 3/6 or that the 5/10 full is rocky as hell. I really wanted to make a safe bankroll and really wanted to make sure that i could crush 3/6. But if im not overaggressive and just folding too much then i have some a leak of folding too much which could in fact turn out to be a significant leak and id really like to have it fixed now rather then after i move up. That's why i want to get my issue addressed now.

plus i havnt been playing for that long, just a lot of it in a short time span, so i dont want to rush it either.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:46 AM

Have u played any 6 max?
That may suit ur aggression and help develop ur game further for the upper limits.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:20 PM

was considering it, dunno where to go after 3/6. Ive read some go to the 5/10 full, some to the 5/10 6max, and some straight to the 15/30. Im curious as to why no one mentions 10/20.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Won SD %: 57.86%

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
you probably fold too much

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my guess too. Stop folding winners [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]