Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 08:14 AM

Default I could have done better, or?

Villian is a LAG. Calling with all kinds of crap down to the river and if he thinks he is ahead, he is going all-in (and people never stops to pay him off). At first I thought he was a smart player. But later (after this hand) he called my four of a kind $20 river bet with three of a kind with queen kicker... But still, that pair he rivered, should I have bet the turn hard?? My image at the table was tight, but tilted (because I made a stupid all-in preflop with QQ against KK after a bad beat).

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

UTG ($39.5)
MP ($24.65)
Hero ($24.75)
Button ($36.38)
SB :#A500AF(Villian)/ ($99.39)
BB ($33.37)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB :#A500AF(Villian)/ posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB :#A500AF(Villian)/ (poster) calls $1.40, BB calls $1.25, MP folds.

Flop: ($4.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian bets $5</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($14.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian checks, Hero checks.

River: ($14.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $14.75
Old 05-11-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: I could have done better, or?

Looks fine. You don't have a hand so checking down is fine. I don't think betting/raising anywhere here is too good as there is little to no folding equity and you haven't a hand that should be building a pot. Wait til you have a solid hand before you go to war with this fishie.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:09 AM

Thats what I thought, but when I saw his hand I wondered if I could have been taking down the pot with a turn bet. But it's always easy to play a hand when you now what your opponet have...:

Villian shows 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] a pair of fours.
Hero doesn't show A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] high card ace.
Villian wins $14.05 from the main pot with a pair of fours.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:15 PM

Why not raise the flop? I think even a LAG will probably fold to a raise on that board if he doesn't have a diamond. If he reraises you, you can be pretty certain that he has a flush and fold. If he calls, you still have 9 to 14 outs, and you'll most likely be able to see a free river.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:28 PM

yea i woulda fired again on the turn, that turn check screams scared!!
Old 05-11-2005, 08:02 PM

Why? You have nut no pair and this guy does not fold. If he had A4o, he could've easily had A6o and called you down with garbage and won the pot.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:55 PM

With the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I reraise the pot on the flop and then steal it on the turn.

If I was feeling tight/passive and called the flop (maybe with a different Ace) then I just check it down from there. Like Skeme said after the flop you have no fold equity against most LAGS so betting would probably be chip spewing at best.