Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 11:43 AM

Default T2 blind, they dont have s**t

Neither players note worthy, just standard loose/bad.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (3.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO calls.

River: (9.66 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Final Pot: 13.66 BB
Old 05-09-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: T2 blind, they dont have s**t

I would check-fold the flop, but I like your play on the turn and river given that you did not.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:03 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and check-fold the flop every time.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:09 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

The flop bet is all kinds of awful.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:15 PM

If they are loose, why are you betting the flop, they will just call with K high anyway.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:27 PM

your flop bet is pretty bad. there are straight draws, overcards, and flush draws out there to call you. if you're going to semibluff or pure bluff, one of the requirements is that you have a reasonable chance (basically, in accordance with the odds the pot is laying on your bluff) of taking down the pot. I'm really sure this doesn't win you the pot 1/5, let alone enough to be clearly +EV. and you don't have enough outs when called, and if you plan on callinbg a flop raise before c/folding the turn, it becomes even more -EV.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really sure this doesn't win you the pot 1/5, let alone enough to be clearly +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

"really sure"? Perhaps, what about the times 1 player calls with KhJx or something and folds when I fire at another brick on the turn?

[ QUOTE ]
and you don't have enough outs when called

[/ QUOTE ]

Consider what I look at as outs. All cards I think missed my opponents are outs, and considering their range of hands aren't terribly hard to figure guestimate, I felt my guess of outs wasn't too tainted. These guys are loose/bad, but they aren't calling a turn bet with something ridiculous, like K high no draw, else I would not have made this play.

[ QUOTE ]
and if you plan on calling a flop raise before c/folding the turn, it becomes even more -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any raise from these guys would signify a hand that was ready to go pretty far, and I didn't want to go far. I would fold to a flop raise.

I normally save these spots for when I have at least the naked Ah or something to back me up if I get called by too many villains, but I felt this hand was interesting based on the turn action. I was however, planning to take this bluff to the river if the right cards fell, and the right players folded.

I like showing down this junk too in these games.

Maybe I should pick a better spot, this flop just smelled like a nice steal flop. I felt these guys are more likely to call KTo on a flop like 336r than they are 9x9h6h.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:45 PM

I mean I didnt see the hand, but in my estimation you get called here a lot. when you are going to fire again OOP on the turn those times that you do get callers, I am not sure I like it a whole lot. leave yourself a backdoor flush, or two overcards so your kicker is good, or some way out. your arguments also apply to 23o and I think that's a bad bet too.

as far as "what you consider outs", that's the sucky part about being OOP. you never get to know what their outs are, and there are a lot of them out there in this big field.

against a field of 2 or 3, in a shorthanded game, I can jive with this bet. but, in a big multiway pot, 696 just doesnt get the folds I need it to
Old 05-09-2005, 01:47 PM

Your flop arguments are very legit, what do you think about the later streets though?

p.s. Glad to see an upgraded avatar.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:56 PM

I usually just bet it out. but if you want to C/R an LP bet then that can't be too bad - unless you know he needs a ten here to bet.