Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 02:26 AM

Default Weaksauce AA

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

Despite the fact that it's friday and 1/2 paradise and thus lots of goofy hands.. I'm thinking I should be raising that turn bet by BB. Am I right?
Old 05-07-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Weaksauce AA

A read would be nice. Is he a bluffer?
Old 05-07-2005, 02:29 AM

Unfortunately no reads, this hand was just about right after I sat down, he's unknown to me. Standard tactic when he's unknown and bets into you in this case would probably be to raise and not flat call im thinking?
Old 05-07-2005, 02:33 AM

raise the turn. you are lookng at someone who hit maybe a small pair and thinks he has it. he thinks you got overs and your bluffing at it so he leads the turn, i raise him here.

with the 3 bet i go to call down
Old 05-07-2005, 02:34 AM

Yeah I agree, that would have been the way to do it.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise the turn. you are lookng at someone who hit maybe a small pair and thinks he has it. he thinks you got overs and your bluffing at it so he leads the turn, i raise him here.

with the 3 bet i go to call down

[/ QUOTE ]

Against an unknown this is chip-spewing. BB is representing trip 8s here. Do we really want to calldown if he 3-bets us?

Calling the turn is the correct play. This is gonna sound so cliche, but we are WA/WB on this turn.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:18 AM

Against an unknown. Well...if he is indeed total bluffing he will just fold to a turn raise anyway, right?

By just calling you encourage him to continue his total bluff on the river. Thus you earn 1BB more by calling and save a 2BB when behind. But he could also be semi-bluffing because he just picked up a flush draw in which case you want to raise and charge him for it. It is however unlikely that he would bet the flop simply with a backdoor flush draw, however.

It also seems unlikely that he would stop n go total bluff after you raised preflop and the flop.

Therfore, I think he either has what he's representing or he has an overpair or some piece of the flop. I would play it the same and call down vs. an unknown. If he turns over something donkish at showdown then I'll 3bet him next time.