Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 09:12 AM

Default 6 Max strategy FAQ anyone?

Has anyone ever written a strategy guide or FAQ or something for the 6 max NLHE tables?

They can be hell due to the very loose agressive play but I'm sure there's plenty of easy pickings here if you know your way around.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: 6 Max strategy FAQ anyone?

You don't need a strategy FAQ to beat 6-max SSNL on party :P . Anyway, they're very, very, very loose and passive ($50 and $100 tables are all I've played). Occasionally you'll run into some maniacs. Even some of the loose passive people can make some pretty insane decisions at some moments.

Example: At a $100 table the other day, some guy makes a standard raise (~$4) UTG. Some folds, next guy shoves (~$50). I fold AQo. Original raiser calls. Original raiser has AT, shover has A9s. At least the shover hit his flush so I didn't feel so bad :P . But it goes to show that not only will they shove with a dominated hand but they'll CALL an all-in re-raise with a dominated hand.

So basically, just play rational and the money will find you.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:50 AM

I got all-in preflop twice with aces tonight at the $25 6 max tables. Both times people asked me if they should call, and both times I said no. One guy called for 1.5 stacks with 88, and the other guy for one stack with QTo. In other words, just play very tight and aggressively with your big hands you will kill the SSNL 6-max games. Both times they raised 8xBB and I simply pushed. These games are easy.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:01 AM

at times....you seem to have found people trying to clear their bonus or something...i can't get action with AA in a four way pot to the flop
Old 05-06-2005, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
at times....you seem to have found people trying to clear their bonus or something...i can't get action with AA in a four way pot to the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called table scouting. Find the tables with the guys who have VPIPs of over 75% and raise 20% of their hands. Then just wait for the hands.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:11 AM

yeah, they are. But I actually have a lower winrate after reading a lot at this forum... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Maybe because I was playing tight passive with good starting hands and extremely aggressiv with AA or KK (only)before I found this forum. I almost never folded those hands even if I knew I was beaten, but still my winrate was better than today. I only played a few tables at the same time and where selecting them carefully. About 50% of my preflop pushes with AA or KK where getting called. I NEVER bluffed except for some $0,25-$1 bets when it was checked to me.

Today I play more ABC-poker, uses position and bluff more (especially when I'm the preflop-raiser). The main reason that my winrate is lower can be that I play more tables and my reads are worse, but I wonder if the best strategy can be to just play tight, tight tight except for really good cards and then move all-in. Some people at NL25 just can't fold and think that all-in means "I'm bluffing", no matter if you only play 1 hand/hour. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Apologizes for my english, my brain is slow today and I'm to tired to try to write correct...
Old 05-06-2005, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
VPIPs

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the noob question, what is that and how do i find it for random players?

Andre
Old 05-06-2005, 06:18 AM

VPIP is the % of times a player voluntarily puts money into the pot. In other words, the higher it is, the looser the player. You have to get them by recording hand histories using poker tracker. www.pokertracker.com
Old 05-06-2005, 06:28 AM

dude, table selection and keeping numbers on the maniacs is key. you should target at least 1 maniac per table and just wait for a hand to play against him. also, you should be stealing from the other passive players. most players at these tables are either very aggressive or very passive. unless i have the nuts, or close to it, i try to play hands for small pots. i find that blocking bets, stop-n-gos , and check-raises are very effective when done correctly. for example, stop and go when the board pairs. most players will think you have trips and will stop playing.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:30 AM

maniacs always get me.....especially if they're at $125 and i'm obviously starting at $25...i have to double a few times until they can't take me out....i usually get into too big of a pot with TPTK, two pair...