Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 09:32 AM

Default What threads have changed your game?

Hi all,

I recently came back to SnGs after a few months in the MTT wilderness (Motto: "Play four hours to win back your buy-in.") While there I came across a few threads that made a big (though not big enough) difference in my game, and were cited by others as "classic". What I'd like to ask the group as a whole, is what threads out there have made you a better SnGer?

I'll get it started by citing Raptor's thread (which I can't find) which advised folding very good hands (AJ was the example) if it's pushed to you on the bubble. It seemed insane to me at the time, but I now let these hands go without a second thought, and steal my blinds back on the next hand. Thanks, Rap, holla!

Okay, so what threads do you have bookmarked?

Sam
Old 05-05-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: What threads have changed your game?

Interesting Formula (Shove EV)

I was a weak/tight SNG player before I started reading this forum. Ater I started reading I improved vastly and my ROI reflected that but I was too aggressive in a lot of situations and got myself in bad spots a lot. Going through this post and continually running numbers really helped me optimize my pushing strategy.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll get it started by citing Raptor's thread (which I can't find) which advised folding very good hands (AJ was the example) if it's pushed to you on the bubble. It seemed insane to me at the time, but I now let these hands go without a second thought, and steal my blinds back on the next hand. Thanks, Rap, holla!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the thread?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was a spin-off of this one that did not go into such detail about The Yugoslavian's sexual proclivities. This one is almost it, and gets the point across. I definately remember the idea of folding AJ.

Or I'm losing it. Grading papers sucks.

Sam
Old 05-05-2005, 11:06 AM

I have to give Raptor his due on the AJ post. It plugged a huge leak in both my SnG and MTT play.

Overall content, no doubt The Shadow's post. The Shadow
Old 05-05-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to give Raptor his due on the AJ post. It plugged a huge leak in both my SnG and MTT play.

Overall content, no doubt The Shadow's post. The Shadow

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez - why isn't this permanently stuck at the top of the page?

Sam
Old 05-05-2005, 11:33 AM

there's a reason why. I have spent hours and hours combing through the archives reading old threads.

If people want to share their favorite threads in a post like this, that's fine.

Scuba
My most recent favorite thread
Old 05-05-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was a spin-off of this one that did not go into such detail about The Yugoslavian's sexual proclivities. This one is almost it, and gets the point across. I definately remember the idea of folding AJ.

Or I'm losing it. Grading papers sucks.

Sam

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for linking to that. Just reading that post made eastbay's program make 10x more sense to me. I've had a bit of a tough time understanding why some of the numbers come out the way they do, but it seems pretty clear that it's as simple as asking, "What are my chances of busting out on this hand, and how do they compare to my expected chance of finishing ITM?"
Old 05-05-2005, 01:45 PM

This post changed my game considerably.

Ok I'm lying, but I felt like linking to it anyway.

This thread really was useful