Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 11:58 PM

Default gimme a line

i feel like i totally messed this one up everywhere, gimme a line for this:
utg+1 tag, other guy is semi aggressive 50 vpip player

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB
Old 05-04-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: gimme a line

Here's a line, although it's a boring one: check-call, check-call, check-raise or check-call, depending on if there's been a bet and a raise before it gets back to you on the river.

I don't like your turn checkraise against two opponents. I don't think your going to win this pot without showing down, and you don't have enough equity for this to be a value raise. Yes, you have a flush and a straight draw, but some of your straight outs are problematic (jacks, clubs.)
Old 05-04-2005, 12:13 AM

you dont think my hand is strong enough to ever take the lead or become strong at any point? also given that the pot is pretty big. why?
Old 05-04-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you dont think my hand is strong enough to ever take the lead or become strong at any point? also given that the pot is pretty big. why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuz you have 9-high.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:16 AM

I think I would bet and check/call the turn.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:18 AM

what are you saying, what do you think my pot equity is with my 9 high hand? too low?
Old 05-04-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a line, although it's a boring one: check-call, check-call, check-raise or check-call, depending on if there's been a bet and a raise before it gets back to you on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-04-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive never check called that much in my life in an hour, feels sooooo passive. i dont understand why such passitivity is advised, can someone explain this to me.

it feels like that against two players my pot equity is big enough to play strong here.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd lead the flop because it would be a disaster in the off chance that this were checked around. I'd lead the turn unless I were raised on the flop, in which case I probably would not. On the river, it depends on your read and risk tolerance.

Mike
Old 05-04-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what are you saying, what do you think my pot equity is with my 9 high hand? too low?

[/ QUOTE ]

At best you'll have around 35% pot equity if all your pair outs are dead but all your draws are live. Those times you get 3-bet and CO folds are a disaster. And if you don't get 3-bet, what are you doing on the river when you miss? You also don't have much fold equity.