Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 03:12 PM

Default I need comforting...

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street

Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street

Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

Seemed like a standard fold but I almost started to cry when I did it. Also how bad is not raising 5th?
Old 05-05-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: I need comforting...

I call this one down myself, but folding probably isn't the end of the world. I assume that you called on fifth with the intention of popping it on sixth.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:09 PM

I call this down everytime in the 5/10. He could just have a couple of diamonds in the hole (they were totally live on 3rd). Also, I've learned this one the hard way lately (lost two big pots yesterday full house over full house): I play my low/mid full houses fast at this limit. No waiting to raise any more (I've also been more aggressive on 3rd and 4th lately which helps because it doesn't look wierd when I start firing). Not because this will necessarily stop the suckout from occuring, I just feel better about it after [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 08:43 PM

I would tend to call him down.
The key is 5th st, the only good reason for not raising here is to wait until later. Clearly the 3rd King is a killer but what can you do?

I find 3rd street interesting.. if i was the guy with King up, then i would be completing about 99% of the time here. The fact that he didn't makes me want to raise him on 5th st. virtually every time. Or am i missing something?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:09 PM

I think it seems likely that all he has is trip kings, he didn't complete on 3rd, so another big pair is unlikely, and the checking and calling on fourth leads me to think something like (QJ)K or three diamonds. I think I would just toss in the bets and hope for the best.