Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 05:41 AM

Default MTTs in AC?

Hi,

I'm going to be in AC this Thursday and Friday, and wanted to know if any of you knew of a regular MTT that you could recommend. I'm looking for a $500 or less buy in, something with a nice structure that will give me some live experience (I just qualified for the WSOP and definitely need to practice!).

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2005, 05:44 AM

Default Re: MTTs in AC?

It will be close to impossible to find any weekly or daily tourney in AC that would even be comparable to the WSOP, because of how big a factor blinds become only like an hour into the tourney. I always imagined that if I played in the WSOP main event, I would be lost despite all the live MTT's I have played.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:59 AM

Borgata, Taj, Tropicana, Ballys, Harrahs, and Sands all have regular tournaments. Search this forum and checkout their websites for more information.

These will give you experience with live MTT play, but their structure is very fast, completely unlike the WSOP.

The $500-$600 online tournaments have a reasonably slow structure and a competition level fairly close to the WSOP. Even the some of the $150-$250 level online tournaments are fairly slow.

Live tournaments at about the $1000 level will probably have a fairly slow structure and a competition level similar to the WSOP.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:54 AM

Unfortunately it's not taking place this weekend, but the Harrahs $250+30 and $500+60 tourneys have a decent structure, with 45 minute levels starting at 25/25, and 2000 chips (wish there were more starting chips though) - check it out sometime if you can - May tourney schedule