Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Fold this on the turn?

MP3 is 13.7/7.7/1.18
UTG is 36/0/0.75
SB is 52.17/4.0/1.75

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

I was hoping to get UTG and maybe even SB out of the hand with this 3-bet...obviously they didn't bother to read the script.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn improves me, but............

River: (22.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Think my goose is cooked at this point....but 22.5 to 1 odds.

Final Pot: 26.50 BB
Old 04-27-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Fold this on the turn?

You should really be folding the flop. Part of the reason you can limp Q9s-type hands in LP is that you will be able to make better decisions after the flop. Once it goes bet-call-raise before the action is on you, you can be pretty sure you've got 3 outs on a good day. Of course you can create scenarios where you are ahead, but it is far more likley that some has a better queen at the very least.

Once SB caps the flop and you decide to call, the turn is the best card in the deck for you. I guess I'd 3 bet when it got to me, but the SB's flop cap makes this whole thing pretty ugly. This looks like a hand where you may end up putting in a lot of bets before getting to a point where you are absolutely never ahead.

All in all, start folding more flops in this situation.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:57 AM

I'd consider a fold on the flop. Their aggro numbers are low but they're firing, and you have TPWK.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:00 AM

With a good read, you might even consider raising preflop.

I don't really understand your line here. You hit top pair mid kicker on the flop, what you were trying to accomplish on the flop by 3-betting? You hit top two and a redraw on the turn, what were you trying to accomplish on the turn by just calling?
Old 04-27-2005, 04:02 AM

Folding the flop is probably my line, SB sounds like a lunatic, and thats not the kind of person you want with you in a hand.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:28 AM

i think i would have folded this flop
Old 04-27-2005, 08:37 AM

that is a very tough hand. i'd raise preflop from CO to buy button and fold blinds.

any reads on anybody other than stats? i don't know if i could let this go on the flop, but it depends on what you think SB and MP3 are betting with...flush draw? 2 pair? TPTK? trips? this would be a tough lay down.

Outs: 1.5 BDSD, 1.5 BDFD= 3 with MP3 and SB betting like crazy, the implied outs are tremendous. i don't think we can count our 9s as outs because it puts a possible straight on the board and our 2 pair might lose to trips.

i hate the turn card because we still might be behind to trips even if someone doesn't have the straight.

definitely fold the river with MP3 calling because you'll get to see the holdings and check hand histories for other hands later.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:42 AM

What is the CO friend? [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the CO friend? [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you asking me what it means? CO is "cutoff", the position right before the button.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:56 PM

I fold this on the flop. The pot is tiny and your kicker sucks. MP3 looks solid and you could be up against a lot of redraws.