Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Absolute software complaint- help me out!

So i play at absolute a bit, but there's a software bug there that drives me nuts. whenever my turn comes up, whatever i am typing, emailing, posting, etc, gets pulled into the absolute chat box. this drives me freaking nuts, and makes it impossible and frustrating to chat at any site, email, post, or IM while playing there. (i was chatting with mmy GF today, which led to some intresting innuendos unintentionally being sent to the table's chat).

So i sent them This:

[ QUOTE ]
Hi;
My name is XXXXXXX, acct name: XXXXXXXX. I've been a player on your site for a few months now, and i love the action and the games. However, i have one big problem with the site: When i am typing, emailing, chatting at other poker sites, etc, and my turn comes up at an absolute table, whatever i am typing is pulled away from what i am working on, and put into the absolute chatbox.
this is incredibly frustrating- i often play on multiple sites at once, and this leads to a lot of confusion. if you could fix this, i would be much more inclined to play at your site. it's hapening right now! grrr....
others from the online poker forums at which i post have experienced the same problem, and i fear it's hurting your bussiness...
thanks.
XXXXXXX

[/ QUOTE ]

if you experience the same frustration, perhaps you wouldn't mind cutting and pasting it, filling in the blanks, and sending it to support@absolutepoker.com

this really bugs me. anyone else?
Old 04-27-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Absolute software complaint- help me out!

i've done that and once with my password! it sucks
Old 04-27-2005, 05:59 PM

I think tweakui has a checkbox that you can remove applications' ability to "grab focus"... "steal focus"... something.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:06 PM

The problem here is not so much with the Absolute window coming to the front - that's handy, tells you which table requires action. It's that when the window is in front, text automatically goes into the chatbox.

If memory serves, this only happens if you've used the box for chat deliberately once (clicked enter on it to activate it), but once you've chatted once you are stuck.

SHould mention this is probably not a bug, or rather, probably something the designer thought was smart even if it turned out not to be. This is in contrast to several other actual bugs in the software - one that randomly freezes this same chatbox for several minutes, and one that brings up any table I join via the waitlist as minimized/offscreen/inaccessible somewhere so I have to close and reopen the table manually.