Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Posted blind, flopped trips and get bet into. Action?

Let me preface this hand by saying when I saw the flop I said to myself "don't get too excited". My goal was to make as much money when I am winning while losing least when I am behind.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($39.55)
SB ($48.75)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($162.32)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($50)</font>
<font color="#C00000">MP ($50.5)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, BB calls $2, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($7.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4, SB calls $4.

River: ($19.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, SB folds, BB calls $10.

Final Pot: $39.50
Old 04-25-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Posted blind, flopped trips and get bet into. Action?

little input?
Old 04-25-2005, 09:56 PM

Hey. I like raising the turn here, if not the flop. His mostly likely hand is either an overpair or maybe a draw of some variety. He might also just be betting into three people assuming he has a lot of fold equity.

Anyway, I like raising the turn, it's not a great card for you to see because he could not easily have a straight draw with 66 or 77, plus a lot of river cards could kill your action. Clearly he likes his hand enough to bet twice, which means he is likely to call a reasonable raise. You can probably make it $12 here and still be reasonably gauranteed a call, plus it's a 1/2 pot size raise so you are still making him pay in case he is drawing.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:53 AM

First I want to note that I thought this was a big blind hand, why are you calling UTG with 84? Otherwise, I like the line.

I thought I liked the suggestion of raising the turn but then the obvious question becomes, how does you handle a reraise? He may lay down an overpair to the reraise but you don't really want him folding that. You could possibly push him off of his newly picked up flush draw which would be alright. But he his not likely to call a reraise with anything you can beat right?

It's hard to get away from that hand at that point and if you just call you will likely be facing a big bet on the river and not really know where you are.

Your hand is not really strong enough to push at that point either, he may call with overpair there, but most likely if he calls you, you are beat.

That leaves laying it down to the reraise which doesn't seem to be the right play either. Or is it? What do you think?
Old 04-26-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First I want to note that I thought this was a big blind hand, why are you calling UTG with 84? Otherwise, I like the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

He posted UTG.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:31 PM

you like to gambool? don't post UTG [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

and raise the flop. if you get reraised or bet into on the turn, then drop it like it's hot. your hand is obvious with a bad kicker.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:35 PM

Checking the flop is okay, you could go either way.
When that diamond comes on the turn with the possible straight draw you best be betting or reraising, you have the best hand right now and you definately don't want them to suck out on you.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:38 PM

raise that ugly turn
Old 04-26-2005, 07:07 PM

i also like raising the turn, to about $15ish. im folding to a 3bet, and checking behind/calling a reasonable bet on the river.