Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Should I Have Folded This One

I realize on the flop that I'm up against atleast one, possibly two, other pocket pair. I decided to check/call down since I belived AA-JJ was very possible, but many players would get just as aggressive with any pp.

MP3 has a PFR of (20.59). I put MP3 on a pocket pair.
UTG+1's limped reraise and continous SnG confused me.

Minor Poker Site 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (22 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (20.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 28.50 BB
Old 04-26-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Should I Have Folded This One

The only thing I may have done was to try for a check/raise on the flop to punish overcards but I don't think you played it poorly.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:45 PM

I'm folding when it's two back to me on the turn. You're just not getting odds to draw here, and no way you're facing two underpairs to your tens.

What to do when it's 2 more to you on the flop is a more interesting question. Given that if a T falls you're likely to see a lot of action, your implied odds are probably good, but the betting could still get capped behind you. Seems close to me.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:46 PM

I'd fold the turn. You are almost certainly up against JJ or better from one of these guys.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:00 PM

Wow, that was a fight. MP3 is LAG, I assume? How can you put him on AA-JJ when he raises 20% of the time preflop? I've had hands like this heads up and won against a LAG with merely an A-kicker. UTG+1 is an enigma. Last night I saw a decent player limp-cap with 65s, because he didn't want to fold to a 3-bet. Any reads on UTG+1? This looks like one of those awful hands where you'd like to fold but the pot just grows to big to do it.

If you were supposed to fold, I can't pick out where.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:08 PM

I would fold the turn. When it's 2 back to you, you have think you are behind. Then when it's 2 back to you on the river, you have to be sure you are behind again. I would fold at one of those points.

C-Dog
Old 04-26-2005, 02:29 PM

I'm torn on the flop play -- with a limp-capper and PFR i'm thinking I want to checking and seeing what develops, and i'll probably make a loose call here if I think it won't go nuts behind me.

The way you played it, which I don't think is bad, you need to fold the turn.

-d
Old 04-26-2005, 02:48 PM

This statement:

[ QUOTE ]
MP3 has a PFR of (20.59).

[/ QUOTE ]

Does not jive with this statement:

[ QUOTE ]
I put MP3 on a pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody raising that much is raising a very wide range of hands (wider than just pocker pairs)
Old 04-26-2005, 03:18 PM

I fold the turn because of the nasty effective odds.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:54 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
This statement:

MP3 has a PFR of (20.59).

[/ QUOTE ]

Does not jive with this statement:

I put MP3 on a pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody raising that much is raising a very wide range of hands (wider than just pocker pairs)

[/ QUOTE ]

My point was that he very well could have any pp and not just the premium ones. I was more worried about UTG+1, but the only read I had on him (less than an orbit) was that he didn't seem to know what he was doing.

The problem is that: yes I thought I was up against an overpair, but not with a very high degree of certanity. Had it been other players I could have folded easily.