Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Blind Steal gone Bad

This is probably a very basic question, but I am a beginner. Anything wrong here?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB
Old 04-23-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Blind Steal gone Bad

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably a very basic question, but I am a beginner. Anything wrong here?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your read of BB. If he's willing to call the flop bet with nothing, lead again on the turn. Otherwise, check-folding the turn is fine because you're probably beat (especially with 3 broadway cards on the board).
Old 04-23-2005, 03:30 PM

I'm betting that turn. If he calls the turn I'm willing to check/fold, but calling the flop regardless and dumping on the turn isn't uncommon at all.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:13 PM

I like a bet here on the turn. I think you have decent fold equity combined with your 3 aces + 4 Ts + 2 5s to pick this pot.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:11 PM

You have to bet the turn! Many people call with anything on the flop to slow you down but fold for the turn bet. You have a pair and have 5 outs to two pair or trips so you have outs if you are behind. Semibluff bet
Old 04-23-2005, 05:26 PM

I've been having some difficulty with stealing out of the SB too, lately. Some of my difficulty has been loosey-gooseys in the BB (crappy seat selection), and some of it has been getting beaten with the heavy, spiked end of the variance stick, but I also think some of it is poor play. How would you play this had hero not caught anything on the flop and was fighting with A high? OOP this is a very tough spot, but I don't think you can just give up, then, either.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:22 PM

I still bet the turn. BB is likely defending with garbage. This broadway board has to be scarier for him than for you.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:03 AM

looks fine, don't spew more chips on this one with three big cards on board
Old 04-24-2005, 08:43 AM

You're OOP here, which sucks. You pretty much have to keep betting if you're going to win the pot, which could get expensive, so I think this line is okay.

--Dave.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:24 AM

Disclaimer: This is my first post ever, so take it with at least one grain of salt (preferably more).

With 9 outs, shouldn't Hero be getting 4.1 or greater? It's borderline at 4 and if Villian is holding an A then the 10's and A's are seriously devalued. I think the fold on the turn is good, especially OOP.