Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2005, 07:01 PM

Default i can see his cards

so i'm playing at this $65 Taj MTT i posted about earlier, and i'm moved when we're down to 3 tables. i'm seated next to a young asian kid to my right who seems a bit inexperienced. after a few hands i begin to notice... i can see his cards when he looks at them! i think most players wouldn't say anything but i did feel bad. but it didn't stop me from taking advantage of this new, very powerful edge. wearing a baseball cap, it was easy to tilt my head down so the others at the table couldn't see where my eyes were pointed. i could see how he played, and poorly he did. he'd limp in with broadway trash only to fold when raised PF. i was waiting for my opportunity, and then it happened. blinds were 3k/6k and i must have had about 55k. he probably had the same. i'm in the BB and it's folded around to him in the SB. he looks down at 52o. he raises to 20k. i look down at A7o.

i'm faced with two choices. move in and take the pot. i know he's folding. or.... call. hope to god the flop doesn't hit him, and let him continue the bluff? i just moved in because i wanted the free round and his raise. i suspect most would move in as well. but afterwards i was wondering if a call would have been a good move.

do you tell him to protect his hand? i couldn't do it!