Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2005, 07:36 AM

Default pocket nines capped preflop =-O

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

UTG+1 is a LAG, his LRR could mean alot of things, he's done it a few times with trash. Should I just call the 3 bet to keep the pot size under control? What about the rest? I forget my read on BB, let's say unknown. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2005, 07:39 AM

Default Re: pocket nines capped preflop =-O

I don't cap here.

The fact that BB showed aggression for the first time leads despite us using maximium aggression says "I've got a hand", which sways me to fold the turn. I can't see us being good here by the river, especially with a lot of people stay in the hand with overs too.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:24 PM

BB has 7d 5h (two pair, jacks and sevens).
MP2 has 6d Ah (two pair, jacks and sixes).
Hero has 9c 9s (two pair, jacks and nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 18.75 BB.

Despite the results, does anyone else agree with folding the turn?
Old 04-20-2005, 07:30 PM

I play it the same, no don't fold the turn. Though I might think about raising the turn and checking behind on the river.

-DeathDonkey
Old 04-20-2005, 07:35 PM

Even with what you thought (at the time) was a 2-outer, you are getting 14.5:1 on the turn call. Add to that the times (like it turned out) Villian is betting middle pair, I probably call as well. The pot is too big.

Rich
Old 04-20-2005, 08:20 PM

capping preflop with 99 is pushing it...as I don't even like raising this hand in late position (but that's just a personal thing)

I call the turn, even though BB looks like he is playing a J, but the field is only 3 players and the pot is pretty big, so I'd look to show this down.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play it the same, no don't fold the turn. Though I might think about raising the turn and checking behind on the river.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

True for postflop, but I don't cap pf.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:38 AM

I would rather call the 3-bet preflop and raise him on a good flop than cap with 99.
Like you played it, the rest is fine.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather show this down for 2 BB than raising the turn and checking behind on the river with the risk that someone bets on the river again.
If I just call the turn you can fold the river when a scarecard comes (like undercards pairing the board) and action arises.
Or what is the advantage of raising the turn? You get the same amounts of bets in by calling turn and river and raising the turn and checking the river, with more information on the if you just call the turn.