Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 09:38 AM

Default why doesnt party just offer some rakeback to non-affiliated players?

when i first signed up to party it was from a magazine ad i saw.

So for a couple of years i played without any rakeback deal...not smart i know but i didnt trust any online affiliates i didnt know personally.

anyways, for players who did NOT sign up through an affiliate, why doesnt party just simply offer them a little bit of their rake back. Maybe not as much as 20%, but maybe as much as %10 if you play X amounts of hands per month or something like that.

Might be enough incentive for those players to remain affiliate free, and party would still get bigger chunk than if they look for a skin affiliate deal.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: why doesnt party just offer some rakeback to non-affiliated player

Hum I don't think that they wanna get a cut in their profit. And, doesn't rakeback supose to be somehow " secret" ?
Old 04-22-2005, 09:49 AM

thats my point though.

What cuts into their profit more:

Frequent players signing up through an affiliate to get 25% rakeback from party....on top of the cut party has to give the skin company....

Or them keeping frequent players under there own umbrella and giving maybe just 10-15% back, and no additional funds to skin company?

both party and the customer wins under latter arrangement
Old 04-22-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Re: why doesnt party just offer some rakeback to non-affiliated players?

I was amazed that I saw this post just now. I was actually laying in bed last night and had a very similar thought....

What if Party, or some other site (startup maybe), offered an official progressive rakeback program. i.e., the more rake you generate, the higher the percentage you get back. It could range from say 1% for under $500 MGR up to 30% for $10000 MGR and up (I have NO idea what a really large MGR is, I'm a 2/4 pion). They could create the curve as they wish.

My take is that it would attract the little guys, definitely attract the big boys, and really encourage their players to move up limits/# of tables...that is, generate even more rake. Also, if Party did this they would draw players back from the skins.

Is this feasible? Would this be accepted? If they replaced bonuses with a system like this, it would also help them eliminate the gnome account bonus whoring problem.

What do ya'll think? Unless I'm missing something obvious, this seems like a great idea for them.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: why doesnt party just offer some rakeback to non-affiliated players?

[ QUOTE ]
I was amazed that I saw this post just now. I was actually laying in bed last night and had a very similar thought....

What if Party, or some other site (startup maybe), offered an official progressive rakeback program. i.e., the more rake you generate, the higher the percentage you get back. It could range from say 1% for under $500 MGR up to 30% for $10000 MGR and up (I have NO idea what a really large MGR is, I'm a 2/4 pion). They could create the curve as they wish.

My take is that it would attract the little guys, definitely attract the big boys, and really encourage their players to move up limits/# of tables...that is, generate even more rake. Also, if Party did this they would draw players back from the skins.

Is this feasible? Would this be accepted? If they replaced bonuses with a system like this, it would also help them eliminate the gnome account bonus whoring problem.

What do ya'll think? Unless I'm missing something obvious, this seems like a great idea for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gus Hansen already has - it's called pokerchamps.com
Old 04-22-2005, 10:23 AM

Touché, salesman.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:17 PM

i think this is what they're going to be trying to do with the party points system.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think this is what they're going to be trying to do with the party points system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, and is not a competitive rate, not even close, not even worth thinking about... thanks party!
Old 04-22-2005, 02:35 PM

yeah but the points system doesnt take into account whether the player is playing under an affiliate or not.

There should be something for affiliate free customers since they get way higher margins from those players.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:23 PM

If I remeber correctly they are giving about 1-2% back through their points system. Not as much as 25% of course but with a lot of nice glitter which is of course more important.