Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Poker\'s a Weird Game (content)

I try to play this game like a gentleman. I tell people if they consistently show me their cards, if I accidentally annouce a raise size, put too few chips in, and no one notices, I'll give the player the money if I lose, etc.

And I try not to let the dealer screw up if I'm making the decision in this example

Even though I do this, I still realize that we're out here to profit, so I don't hold back in any poker decisions. I just try to make sure that hte game is fair.

What are your thoughts on this approach to playing?

If you guys were the one with the weak hand in the example, would you have just sat there and let it happen?

--Dave.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Poker\'s a Weird Game (content)

I certainly wouldn't have just sat there in that example because it is clear that OP in that thread was re-raising and therefore once the dealer started dealing I would think that I might be forced to pay as if I had called and if I had not decided to call yet I certainly wouldn't want any chance of my being forced to pay. But that is neither here nor there. More directly to your point, I completely agree with your attitude towards the game and I will never try to shoot an angle nor will I allow others to do so if it is in my power to stop it.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Poker\'s a Weird Game (content)

[ QUOTE ]

What are your thoughts on this approach to playing?

If you guys were the one with the weak hand in the example, would you have just sat there and let it happen?
--Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i had exposed my cards and the dealer started dealing, i would just think he is rabbit hunting.

showing your cards without putting money in the middle or announcing 'call' is a fold.

but i am most definitely an ethical player, if someone keeps showing me their cards i will tell them once or twice.

I will also tell someone that throwing in a 1000 chip unannounced when the bet is 200 is considered a call usually. (so many people do this in MTT's when they mean to raise)